• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this story true?

There are a lot of things to not like about Bz but this isn't one of them.

I don't think this is true. One walk-on made the team and then dropped like a week later because he didn't realize the extent of the commitment, but other than that I haven't heard anything.

I heard that Jeff [Redacted] kills baby seals. Any truth to this rumor?

I think so, as I found this photographic evidence:

bzseals.jpg

Seems legit.

False

If our team had to practice extra after a blowout loss, they'd never leave the court.

I heard that Jeff [Redacted] kills baby seals. Any truth to this rumor?

I think so, as I found this photographic evidence:

bzseals.jpg

Seems legit.

Bzzinners advocate the slaughter of innocent animals. It's true

I'm pretty confident this is nonsense.

What equipment would even be in his room?

Has to be true. Based on what I've read here a man driving a Prius,wearing an ugly tie, was seen on the Georgia Tech campus talking to nerds who post on message boards.

Follow the Prius.

I guess we will believe anything here just so long as its negative.

Of course the whole point of the thread is asking whether or not it is true, and most people are either saying it probably isn't or even if it is it doesn't matter, but whatever...

I'm pretty confident this is nonsense.

What equipment would even be in his room?

The GT poster said his grandparents that are Wake fans told it to him. From the context, the blow out was the one against Arizona State in the Old Spice Classic. The equipment was sneakers, uniforms, etc... So that should narrow it down. I seem to remember a late practice being mentioned in one newspapers after that. Did we dismiss a walk on after that trip?

We played Texas Tech the next morning, so it doesn't sound like that was the game.

Sounds like somebody got some small random bit of information and got it twisted.

Absolutely not true. Did not happen. The GT story is just that ... a story.

A freshman walk-on quit a week after making the team because he couldnt handle the time commitment and other aspects of the responsibility. That happened the week following the Old Spice Classic. His name was Ryan Glass and his name was removed from the roster at that time.

The ASU debacle was on Friday night. We did not play Texas Tech until Sunday morning. As a result of the ASU loss, the off-day and tour of the Disney property was cancelled in favor of more court time.

The GT poster said his grandparents that are Wake fans told it to him. From the context, the blow out was the one against Arizona State in the Old Spice Classic. The equipment was sneakers, uniforms, etc... So that should narrow it down. I seem to remember a late practice being mentioned in one newspapers after that. Did we dismiss a walk on after that trip?

I didn't even think we had the new walk-ons for the Old Spice Classic, maybe we did though.

I thought we did go to Disney too, didn't we have pictures during the telecast from being at Disney? Maybe it was on a different day.

Back