• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this story true?

Not a dick move, though I do question how productive a full day of practice would be in the midst of a 3 games in 4 days road trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Telling the players "You're not going to Disney World!" is a dick move.

Telling the players two months later that they won their "Super Bowl"? Bigger dick move.

I wonder how often that happens. A team gets invited to a tournament is a nice destination and the coach turns down the perks to get more practice. Of course, I'm sure Bz will tell you that's how they beat Texas Tech (now 8-17).

I don't know what's a bigger deal for Wake, beating Texas Tech who is 226 on KenPom, or losing by 30 to Arizona State who is 241

It's not true, I know two managers and asked one of them who said they have no idea what the story is but that he didn't go move anything out of anybody's room.

so you're saying the guys should have gone to Disney the day after being embarrassed by ASU?

This board would have been awesome had word leaked that the guys were on Space Mountain the next day

They tweeted pictures of themselves on rides before the ASU debacle, so I guess they didn't get to go twice. #FirstWorldProblems

They're 18-22 year old guys, most of had probably never been to Disney World. Making them practice and stew in their hotel rooms instead of enjoying the park is messed up, especially since they didn't get to go home for the holiday anyway.

I just got negrepped for my post with "you know don't shit". That's a solid negrep, but I actually do know. That's kinda funny. I guess.

They're 18-22 year old guys, most of had probably never been to Disney World. Making them practice and stew in their hotel rooms instead of enjoying the park is messed up, especially since they didn't get to go home for the holiday anyway.

I bet a lot that they'd all been since they had been within the previous 72 hours as a team.

I bet a lot that they'd all been since they had been within the previous 72 hours as a team.

There's a lot to Disney World, man. Missing a planned activity for more practice sucks.

There's a lot to Disney World, man. Missing a planned activity for more practice sucks.

Sure. That's the idea. Losing to Arizona St, the way we did, has to be one of the worst performances in the nation this year. I think its fair to take away a reward after that kind of effort.

Whether or not it works depends on the type of players. Some people don't get motivated by punishment. It's up to the coach to know what works for which players.

At this point, I think I've heard various stories about positive and negative reinforcement with our players. Nothing seems to work. They just don't get motivated. And if Bz can't do it, I'd think he'd get Battle to do it, or Rusty to do it, or Corbean to do it.

It almost certainly would be an NCAA violation and would also be a dick move that didn't help the team get any better.

At this point, I think I've heard various stories about positive and negative reinforcement with our players. Nothing seems to work. They just don't get motivated. And if Bz can't do it, I'd think he'd get Battle to do it, or Rusty to do it, or Corbean to do it.

Not surprised.

Whether or not it works depends on the type of players. Some people don't get motivated by punishment. It's up to the coach to know what works for which players.

Clearly Buzz knows how to motivate his players better than you do.

Wait....errrrr

Damnit

About which part?

All of it. Got a coach without a record of success who seems incredibly boring. Except for Battle, the staff is very inexperienced. The players are young and probably don't know what would motivate them and they've done nothing but lose.

Back