• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this story true?

All of it. Got a coach without a record of success who seems incredibly boring. Except for Battle, the staff is very inexperienced. The players are young and probably don't know what would motivate them and they've done nothing but lose.

Perhaps motivation isn't the problem. You can try all the motivation on me you want and I'd still lose by 60 if you threw me out there.

There are a lot of problems.

The board is melting down pretty badly for a team that's almost unanimously exceeded our preseason win total expectation.

You guys are crazy. Playing a D-1 sport is like a job. Coaches take away perks all the time as punishment for poor performance.

The board is melting down pretty badly for a team that's almost unanimously exceeded our preseason win total expectation.

Kenpom projected 12. I figured 13 or 14. None of those would have shown significant improvement to build confidence to win 19+ games against a tougher schedule in order to firmly get into the NIT.

Even if someone predicted we'd only win 11 or fewer games, the margin and competition is much worse than expected.

I was at the Dayton game in Orlando and even though I didn't think much of this coach or team, I thought there was something to be optimistic about there. Then the ASU game crushed that and aside from the Nebraska game, it's been as bad or worse than my low expectations.

You guys are crazy. Playing a D-1 sport is like a job. Coaches take away perks all the time as punishment for poor performance.

Spot on, especially when you already spent time at the park, and you could argue ASU was one of the (if not the) worst losses of the season

out of all the coaching and all of the losses, has no 1 said to carson that he needs to shoot about 10 or 12 times a game? my goodness we're getting beaten blown out regularly. hard for us 2 score when a defense only has to guard 2 people. good grief tell him to shoot...it couldn't be any worse!

It hasn't exceeded mine, although it's poised to meet my ACC expectations (4-12) and exceed my overall expectations (11-19), mainly because Nebraska wasn't as good as I thought they were, and we only shit the bed against an obviously inferior, non-high major once.

Furthermore, it's melting down because we're losing the same way we did last year.

Last edited:

The win total is roughly around where most had it preseason right now. I think the meltdown is largely the result of the manner at which we are still losing games in February...ie, getting consistently blown out by bad teams. If more of the losses were closer, then I think there would be a lot more Bzzz-wait sentiment on here.

Absolutely not true. Did not happen. The GT story is just that ... a story.

A freshman walk-on quit a week after making the team because he couldnt handle the time commitment and other aspects of the responsibility. That happened the week following the Old Spice Classic. His name was Ryan Glass and his name was removed from the roster at that time.

The ASU debacle was on Friday night. We did not play Texas Tech until Sunday morning. As a result of the ASU loss, the off-day and tour of the Disney property was cancelled in favor of more court time.

i notice you failed to deny the charge of baby seal killing

It almost certainly would be an NCAA violation and would also be a dick move that didn't help the team get any better.

What part would be a violation? Don't see 2am being a problem for an organization that promotes Midnight Madness to open the season and encourages ESPN to have a Tip-Off marathon that included 11pm and 6am local tipoffs.

After we lost to an inferior team on Friday night to open my senior season in HS, our coach told us all to be there tomorrow at 6am and be prepared to run our asses off....which really sucked since I was having people over that night because my parents were out of town. Thankfully, all he made us do in the morning was watch tape of the game.

Looks like this didn't happen anyway, but I wouldn't have seen a problem with it if true.

Hard to deny in the face of the strong pictorial evidence I put forward.

absolutely.

40 minutes of silence from babydeac since my post too.

what do you buzziners say now? in addition to fucking up our basketball program, he's undeniably a killer of baby seals.

The man is a MONSTER!

killingseals.jpg

absolutely.

what do you buzziners say now? in addition to fucking up our basketball program, he's undeniably a killer of baby seals.

Depends... was it intended to be a team building exercise?

Kenpom projected 12. I figured 13 or 14. None of those would have shown significant improvement to build confidence to win 19+ games against a tougher schedule in order to firmly get into the NIT.

Even if someone predicted we'd only win 11 or fewer games, the margin and competition is much worse than expected.

I was at the Dayton game in Orlando and even though I didn't think much of this coach or team, I thought there was something to be optimistic about there. Then the ASU game crushed that and aside from the Nebraska game, it's been as bad or worse than my low expectations.

Yeah 11 isn't "exceeding all expectations" since KenPom had us at 12.

absolutely.

Knowing Bz's media skills, his denial would be: "Those seals are not babies. I have no further comment on this issue."

"I don't know why those baby seals were clubbed to death. I just don't. Ask them. Oh wait, you can't. Because they're dead. Jeff 1, Seals 0."

Back