• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Ty Walker Enrolled at Wake This Fall?

I would doubt this is correct. Stealing is stealing. If you still a $10,000 watch it is the same thing legally as stealing a $15 watch. I would think the school would think the same thing.

No it's not. That's why there are misdemeanors and felonies and classes within each.

I would rather our young guys that have a chance to be on an average ACC team (hopefully at some point) get maximum ACC experience instead of wasting minutes on a season that doesn't matter for a senior that has had plenty of chances.

I think that would be better for WFU basketball.

AMEN!

There could be an altruisitc twist to this. Maybe [Redacted] and the staff feel if Ty is off the team he won't gradaute and they want to help him do this.

Another thing is there may not be enough to kick him out of school and he may be more of a dsitraction as a hang around than having some control over him.

We don't know what happened.

I don't really want Ty back, but I don't see this as really hindering the progress of young players. He played 18 minutes a game as backup C last year. If he does that this year I'm fine with it because I don't think Daniel is going to learn anything getting demolished at the 5... or better yet I don't think anyone wants to see Nikita at the 5.

Agreed. I dont think he'll be taking minutes from Carson. We simply need bodies at this point.

If Ty Walker has a productive senior year on the court it may be the most improbable comeback in this school's history of athletic competition.

I wish him luck.

I don't really want Ty back, but I don't see this as really hindering the progress of young players. He played 18 minutes a game as backup C last year. If he does that this year I'm fine with it because I don't think Daniel is going to learn anything getting demolished at the 5... or better yet I don't think anyone wants to see Nikita at the 5.

Totally agree.

RJ, FTC, HP -- all reasonable posts. I fear the bad grape ruins a barrel of wine result, but perhaps the others (Randolph especially) can either A) steer Ty toward a more positive role or B) convince the others not to listen to Ty b/c he's too far gone.

I would imagine that Ty is on a pretty short leash right now and that any conduct detrimental to the team will find him off of said team.

Like HP said, if Ty doesn't say "bless you" quickly enough when a teammate sneezes he could be gone.

Agreed, yet you both know that team cancers can infect morale outside of the coaching staff's watchful eyes/ears.

Here's to hoping he is a solid teammate above all else this season, production included.

I would imagine that Ty is on a pretty short leash right now and that any conduct detrimental to the team will find him off of said team.

I thought most people alluded to the fact that he similarly stole items but had a lesser role than Tabb/stole less expensive stuff. I don't know exact details though and I doubt there are too many people that do.

he was just the lookout

oh wait.

I would rather our young guys that have a chance to be on an average ACC team (hopefully at some point) get maximum ACC experience instead of wasting minutes on a season that doesn't matter for a senior that has had plenty of chances.

I think that would be better for WFU basketball.

Every season "matters". If we are worse this year than last, recruiting and fan support become even more difficult. The longer it takes to turn a program around, the less likely it is to occur.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Guys, I was supposed to be suspended for a semester at Wake back in the day; we appealed and I was only on probabtion (it was over something stupid 2 friends and I did). I guarantee you that if I did not go to that semester, I would not have bothered to graduate. I am biased here, let's hope for the best.

MMM threesome?

He does not make us any better, no matter who his replacement is. I feel just as good about Keenan getting minutes.

You can't really mean that. Though Ty has yet to be able to keep his man off the offensive board, he alters or blocks a ton of shots when he is in the paint.

I think Ty gets a bad rap here. If he had been a 3-star recruit and for arguments sake, he should have been - he was far from intimidating in high school and our 3-star center coming in Andre Washington has actually played better and against better competition than Ty ever did in high school - AND Ty had redshirted his frosh as he should have (AND assuming there was not the threat of explusion floating around) - I think we'd all be pretty hopeful that we were going to get two pretty good years from him.

I'm certainly not expecting a double double from him if he were to come back, but I think we might get 6 and 6 with hopefully slightly fewer blocks and better protection of the rim on the defensive glass.

Ty has suffered greatly from unfilled expectation and his own out of touch perception of his game. I just have this feeling that Ty is going to be a making $300,000 playing basketball somewhere 10 years from now and it will be because he'll just be playing ball somewhere for pay. He won't feel the pressure to succeed as nobody whose opinion matters to him (Wilmington, Wake fans, etc..) will even know the score of his games. He won't even be able to read the paper probably so he won't know if he's getting pummeled in the press. It'll be perfect, blissful ignorance may finally bring out what Ty can bring - a tall guy with a pretty good shot out to fifteen feet who can block shots and intimate shooters in the paint.

I stand by it. I have seen a lot of things the last 4 years that lead to these beliefs. His shot blocking ability leads to just as many or more open layups as it prevents, brings 0 to the table offensively and has too many problems in the mental department.

I stand by it. I have seen a lot of things the last 4 years that lead to these beliefs. His shot blocking ability leads to just as many or more open layups as it prevents, brings 0 to the table offensively and has too many problems in the mental department.

Saying it doesn't make it so. It is a false perception that he gives up an open layup for every shot blocked. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Darius Songaila in there who couldn't block a shot to save his life but nobody could back him down. But if I have to pick between a freshman Green and a senior Ty, I'm going with Ty. Again, he causes problems for offenses when he's on (and we play a better collective D).

And I don't know how many games you watched last year then if you think he brings 0 offensively. He made a pretty good number of jumpers considering he was the 4th or 5th option on O.

Agree to disagree.

And he air-balled about as many baseline jumpers as he hit. I am confident I have seen him play more than you.

Okay. I am on the Internets though :-0

I recall the airballs too. Ty almost seems the hoops equivalent of the pitcher from bull durham

He's 7 foot tall, can give 5 fouls, and we can't do anything with his scholarship this year. That's all I need to know to bring him back. Who knows, maybe it'll come together for him.

Now what Ty should probably consider is sitting out this year, graduating from Wake, and playing somewhere else next year, like a SoCon school or something.

Back