• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Ty Walker Enrolled at Wake This Fall?

Ty will be suspened the first semester. Eligible to play around December 10. Press release will be out tomorrow, but Buzz announced it tonight at the Bridger Deacon Club game viewing.

What was the mood like tonight at Bridger?

So no one knows what he exactly did and we are going to bitch about his punishment? I know it's cool to hate Ty, I do too, but seriously wgaf? It won't make a difference one way or another and at least the kid gets a chance to graduate.

I think it's pretty fucking pathetic that the AD is going to cram this culture BS down our throats to excuse his piss poor management of our most important program and then turn around and allow Ty Walker yet another chance. I don't know what Ty Walker did, but I do know that if it's bad enough to warrant a 10 game suspension that it's bad enough to warrant dismissal from the team.

I think it's pretty fucking pathetic that the AD is going to cram this culture BS down our throats to excuse his piss poor management of our most important program and then turn around and allow Ty Walker yet another chance. I don't know what Ty Walker did, but I do know that if it's bad enough to warrant a 10 game suspension that it's bad enough to warrant dismissal from the team.

But not bad enough to be suspended from school?

The Honor Court met and did not suspend him from school... so from my POV whatever he did wasn't in violation of the honor code. I have no idea. I am not going to rant about dismissing him from the team because I love to bitch about the basketball staff.

Well if I knew I would be able to show much more indignation.

Instead you choose to be ignorant, ignore the obvious, and be happy about it.

Fair enough. I hope you are happy in your decision on the matter. I really do.

The Honor Court met and did not suspend him from school... so from my POV whatever he did wasn't in violation of the honor code. I have no idea. I am not going to rant about dismissing him from the team because I love to bitch about the basketball staff.

Facepalm

Ignorant of what? The fact that he wasn't punished by the administration not tied to athletics?

Good for you. I, on the other hand, love to bitch about the basketball staff because it's about all that can be talked about regarding Wake basketball, and I love Wake basketball. If you have a problem with that then so be it.

I have no problem with it, I am just stating my opinion. There are plenty of fair things to bitch about.

I think it's pretty fair to bitch about what seems like an action that contradicts the culture talk.

All along I have been saying that I believe "culture change" was a smoke screen because Wellman hired a candidate with insufficient credentials. If Wellman and [Redacted] were intent on changing the culture they would be taking definitive action to do so, and I just don't see it. This is further proof in my mind.

And it doesn't help that I have a rather low opinion of Ty Walker and have since before he ever set foot in an official WFU practice.

I don't really care about the culture change bullshit. It probably is bullshit. PR is all bullshit. Bz sucks ass so far. But just on this singular instance if I knew what the kid actually did I might agree with you. But I don't so I'm just going on the fact he didn't get suspended, and I know it doesn't take that much to get suspended while at Wake.

I have a low opinion of Ty as well. Maybe you are right. The administration was probably wrong too and he should have been kicked out of school. Who knows what for but I hate the culture change PR so Ty should be kicked out.

If you want to change the "culture" then change the "culture."

Otherwise, it is pathetic lip service to fans that actually care about the program. The fans deserve better than to be lied to.

I cannot believe more people aren't as pissed off about this nonsense as I am. It's only going to get worse the longer the lie is allowed to continue.

Ty will be suspened the first semester. Eligible to play around December 10. Press release will be out tomorrow, but Buzz announced it tonight at the Bridger Deacon Club game viewing.

I'm curious when he announced it. Halftime? Up in the 3rd quarter? During the Cuse comeback? OT? Piling on after the game?

Clearly the culture stuff is bs
The thing I have never gotten out of my head is prior to the season going down in flames rw said he made a decision to go with his gut. Always told me he knew the resume was not there. Now all he can do is talk long enough to offer smoke screens hoping it gets turned around

He gave a speech before the game to drive up interest in bball. Talked about addition by subtraction and getting rid of characters so we could build character. He specifically talked about changing the culture as well and that he as embarrassed about all the press the team had gotten lately. He took questions and some fan asked Ty's status. He answered and seemed glad Ty could play most of this year.

Mind if I join this circle jerk? Insert small penis deacvision7 and tbr joke here

If you want to grade culture change you have to start with this year's freshmen class, morons. I can't believe how stupid some of you are. Especially you deacvision7. Bzd and wellman had two choices after the hire: scrap the incoming class and start from literally scratch with 5 scholarship athletes plus whatever 2stars you could scrape together or keep the whole class. My guess is they were sure of derosier's and mckie's character. And hoped for the best with the rest. I think they made the right decision on keeping the class.

Bzd encouraged woods to leave despite what it would do to our year. Chill is on staff now. Chill now has an opportunity to change Ty life direction. So does Ty. But if the school doesn't kick him out of school, you have to honor his scholarship. Just have to. Culture wise it is the right thing to do. Look at the kids coming in this year and next to determine culture - ya goofs. *Sigh* deacvision you suck a dick

Last edited:
Dear Ty -

I met you at the Father-Son basketball camp over the summer, and you seemed like a nice enough guy. Please stop all the BS behavior - you promised us 10 reb/game this season*, and you can't do that if you're not on the court.

Thanks.

* yes, he did tell us that 10 reb/g was his goal for this season.

Last edited:
Back