• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

Rondale Watson had a subtweet for Haas today: (I'm making the bold assumption that's what he was talking about)

Rondale Watson 1⃣ ™✈‏@rondalewatson
LOYALTY OVER EVERYTHING!

I'm confused. Is Watson saying this in defense of Haas, even though he just demonstrated no loyalty? Or is he criticizing him? Or is he just writing things that 18-yr-olds write on Twitter to come across as intentionally vague and thus philosophically impenetrable?

I'm confused. Is Watson saying this in defense of Haas, even though he just demonstrated no loyalty? Or is he criticizing him? Or is he just writing things that 18-yr-olds write on Twitter to come across as intentionally vague and thus philosophically impenetrable?

Yeah, but Watson signed right, so we're good.:thumbsup:

He would be criticizing Haas. Again, not sure it's directed at Haas, but if it is, then he's being quite critical.

He would be criticizing Haas. Again, not sure it's directed at Haas, but if it is, then he's being quite critical.

If I was a member of a 3-man class and a fellow recruit bolted on signing day, I'd call him out as well. I like this Watson kid already.

Well, that confirms what rafi has been denying...

Because I didn't deny being NGA in my response to DV7? I've already told him that I'm not NGA, or negrep, but he seems convinced that I am. It doesn't really matter to me who he thinks I am, so I see no need to respond to it every time. Feel free to conduct an e-investigation, cross-check IP addresses, look for IP glitches, whatever you want to do, but this is the only account I have ever had. I've read the boards all the way back to the accboards inception in the early 90s, but I just started writing this year (big mistake).

How come we didn't recruit the ECU guard- Akeem Richmond? He was the second leading scorer in NC prep history . Maybe he was on the same class with Terrell? If we passed on him for Fischer, that would be disappointing .

How come we didn't recruit the ECU guard- Akeem Richmond? He was the second leading scorer in NC prep history . Maybe he was on the same class with Terrell? If we passed on him for Fischer, that would be disappointing .

I thought we did, briefly anyway.

I think we did as well. Then again if we had signed him, he would have been a less talented Robert Doggett.

These young men are playing now. This is Travis' last season. I don't care who the coach is, I want these kids to win now. It is sickening to read WF fans gloating over losses!! If Bz wins, good! If he loses, fire him! But we should want wins! I don't socialize with the guy, why should I care if he coaches at WF if he wins. I should want him to win. Cheering for losses just because you want the coach fired is an insult to the players who are working hard for success. It is counter-intuitive to being a fan. I don't care if I get blasted on this site for wanting success now. That is why I support Wake athletics.

Again, if Bz or Grobe, for that matter, cannot win then get someone who can. But whoever the coach, I cheer for wins in the present.

I could not disagree more.. I root for Wake Forest to win the ACC, to get to a Final Four, or to One day God Forbid a National Championship. I do not root for individual wins over the likes of Jacksonville or The Citadel. The goal is to win championships... if you want middling, mediocre basketball programs then by all means...support and root for middling mediocre players. I hope Wake goes up in a basketball dumpster fire of losses this year and we begin to prgress toward the ultimate goals of championships.

I'm sorry GDO...the end IS the trophy !

Not that it matters now, but.... you've heard the story in the media, but now for the REST of the story.

He was 100% coming to Wake Forest, or so he led everyone to believe. Rusty, Battle, and Buzz were all checking in with him and his hs coach daily. They were openly communicating with our guys and things seemed to be going smoothly. We were interested and talking to 2 other bigs but decreased contact once Haas gave the verbal. We were committed to him, and he to us, so everyone thought.

The afternoon before he was to sign the LOI, he talked with Rusty and was 100% on board with Wake. This was around 3:00-4:00pm. Being from a small town and new to all of this. he asked questions about what was going to happen, the media, if his folks needed to do anything, what should he wear. Again, no reason to think anything was up.

Later that night (not sure how late but I'm assuming 9:00-10:00pm) Rusty gets a phone call from Haas telling him that he's not going to sign the LOI. He said that he was going to take a visit to another college (UAB). His mind was made up - he was not signing LOI, not coming to Wake BUT he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He said he may sign at the end of the weekend with us, but he wanted to have time to make up his mind and think about his choices. Essentially stringing us along.

Even though Haas verballed at the beginning of Sept, Purdue stayed in hot pursuit of him. They didn't care that he'd verballed, and continued with a full-court press recruiting. None of this info was ever relayed to our staff. We truly had no idea, and were given no indication that this was even a possibility. The hs coach, the kid, the parents all did a great job keeping it on the down low. Haas never even indicated that they were calling or that they were interested. Haas told our staff that he was going to UAB on Friday, which is why we didn't make a trip that day. It wasn't incompetence, there would have been no point in going down if he wasn't going to even be home. We find out later that Purdue is at his HS that day. Thats the first we hear about Purdue. Complete shady on their part.

We fly down on Sunday and make a final pitch, but he had already decided on Purdue. Instead of telling the coaches that he has verballed to Purdue and is signing his LOI to play for them, he lets the coaches fly down and waste a day even while he knew he wasn't going to come to Wake. Everything he told the press was BS. The reasoning from Deman on 247 re: the fans is also a load of crap. Our coaches have made no comment and even if they did, they wouldn't have anything kind to say about Haas or the situation. The entire staff was involved with recruiting him, so they were all pissed, hurt, and shocked. Haas made himself out to be a good Christian guy, yet he totally screwed us over. Battle especially was livid. They put a lot of time into this kid, and lost time with others. Lets just say Matt Painter is not especially well liked in these parts nowadays.

Not that it matters now, but.... you've heard the story in the media, but now for the REST of the story.

He was 100% coming to Wake Forest, or so he led everyone to believe. Rusty, Battle, and Buzz were all checking in with him and his hs coach daily. They were openly communicating with our guys and things seemed to be going smoothly. We were interested and talking to 2 other bigs but decreased contact once Haas gave the verbal. We were committed to him, and he to us, so everyone thought.

The afternoon before he was to sign the LOI, he talked with Rusty and was 100% on board with Wake. This was around 3:00-4:00pm. Being from a small town and new to all of this. he asked questions about what was going to happen, the media, if his folks needed to do anything, what should he wear. Again, no reason to think anything was up.

Later that night (not sure how late but I'm assuming 9:00-10:00pm) Rusty gets a phone call from Haas telling him that he's not going to sign the LOI. He said that he was going to take a visit to another college (UAB). His mind was made up - he was not signing LOI, not coming to Wake BUT he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He said he may sign at the end of the weekend with us, but he wanted to have time to make up his mind and think about his choices. Essentially stringing us along.

Even though Haas verballed at the beginning of Sept, Purdue stayed in hot pursuit of him. They didn't care that he'd verballed, and continued with a full-court press recruiting. None of this info was ever relayed to our staff. We truly had no idea, and were given no indication that this was even a possibility. The hs coach, the kid, the parents all did a great job keeping it on the down low. Haas never even indicated that they were calling or that they were interested. Haas told our staff that he was going to UAB on Friday, which is why we didn't make a trip that day. It wasn't incompetence, there would have been no point in going down if he wasn't going to even be home. We find out later that Purdue is at his HS that day. Thats the first we hear about Purdue. Complete shady on their part.

We fly down on Sunday and make a final pitch, but he had already decided on Purdue. Instead of telling the coaches that he has verballed to Purdue and is signing his LOI to play for them, he lets the coaches fly down and waste a day even while he knew he wasn't going to come to Wake. Everything he told the press was BS. The reasoning from Deman on 247 re: the fans is also a load of crap. Our coaches have made no comment and even if they did, they wouldn't have anything kind to say about Haas or the situation. The entire staff was involved with recruiting him, so they were all pissed, hurt, and shocked. Haas made himself out to be a good Christian guy, yet he totally screwed us over. Battle especially was livid. They put a lot of time into this kid, and lost time with others. Lets just say Matt Painter is not especially well liked in these parts nowadays.

Thanks for the insight. What a dick

Even though Haas verballed at the beginning of Sept, Purdue stayed in hot pursuit of him. They didn't care that he'd verballed, and continued with a full-court press recruiting. None of this info was ever relayed to our staff. We truly had no idea, and were given no indication that this was even a possibility.

Our staff didn't realize that a Top 100 kid would continue to get recruited after verballing??? That's absurd.

Our staff didn't realize that a Top 100 kid would continue to get recruited after verballing??? That's absurd.

We knew, which is why we kept contacting him regularly. Most recruits will be honest and tell you that another school is still heavily recruiting them when asked. Haas lied about it. That's absurd.

Back