• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

ish with a great individual line in a blowout loss is why he would help philly win?

Nerlens Noel really liked Ish and openly stated so late last year.

Ish is to Noel as CP3 is to Blake.

I thought Philly should have tried harder to get Ish to return, as noted above, because he and Nerlens seemed to really hit it off. Philly could do worse than have Nerlens best bud as their third string PG. Especially with Embiid apparently not wanting to act like an adult and become a useful NBA player. Nerlens Noel may well become what Embiid was supposed to be. Philly ought to try hard to keep him happy.

I thought Philly should have tried harder to get Ish to return, as noted above, because he and Nerlens seemed to really hit it off. Philly could do worse than have Nerlens best bud as their third string PG. Especially with Embiid apparently not wanting to act like an adult and become a useful NBA player. Nerlens Noel may well become what Embiid was supposed to be. Philly ought to try hard to keep him happy.

It's really sad to see how many stars we have in the Association but so few banners in the Joel.

It's really sad to see how many stars we have in the Association but so few banners in the Joel.

Ish is no star. He's a journey man. But that's a damn fine testament to his work ethic and desire. He's really maximized his talent. The problem is none of our stars have overlapped. One good player is rarely enough to win an entire tournament by himself.

Ish is no star. He's a journey man. But that's a damn fine testament to his work ethic and desire. He's really maximized his talent. The problem is none of our stars have overlapped. One good player is rarely enough to win an entire tournament by himself.
We had 3 of them at the same time, its just that none of them could shoot, and we had a shitty game coach

This is all dumb.

Once again, even if the Sixers had tried to extend an offer to Ish, he was an unrestricted free agent, and didn't have to sign with Philly. So no matter how hard they tried, another team could match if they wanted.

So overpaying for a 3rd string PG notwithstanding, you also don't make roster decisions solely based on the happiness of the potential of a 2nd year player becoming the potential of an injured bench player either. What a mess that logic is.

If Okafor and Noel are both keepers, which I think they are, Embiid's health becomes either

A) trade chip for him or Okafor
B) not a huge loss if he's Oden 2.0

And the PG3 isn't even remotely part of the discussion of how to bring the Sixers back to contending.

Ish with 20 and 11 the other night with 9-16 shooting. He's had some poor shooting nights but his assists are piling up and he seems to do the best job at the point for the Pelicans. Hope this turns into a steady gig for Ish as it would be nice to stop his uniform collection from growing.

Ish got some nice shout-outs from the Wizards broadcasting crew in the Pellies win over the Wiz the other night. Pellies had the ball with 3 seconds left in the first half. One announcer asked the other if the Pellies could get the ball down court in time for a decent shot. Other announcer said "just put in Ish Smith. He can get down court in about a second and a half, so yeah, they could get a shot off."

Decent stat line for a backup: 15 min, 3-5 from the field 2-2 FT, 4 assists, 1 TO, 3 rebounds. +11.

Last edited:
ish and james johnson barely get any minutes any more.
ish will soon be off to another team once again

Ish's contract status is a little murky. He was signed by Washington for the minimum in a non-guaranteed contract. It is unclear whether he was claimed by NO or signed to a contract with them. If he was a waiver claim, he is still working on the minimum, non-guaranteed contract he signed with Wash. Considering he has a top 10 assists per game number, somebody will probably claim him if NO cuts him (again).

In watching ish it seems his problem in getting minutes w Evans and coles back is his defense. He loses his nan and gets lost a lot. And he can't gusts big point guards. But man can he throw a lob and make the right pass as quick as anybody. Could make a good coach one day. He's played for dozens

I think Ish has done enough last year in Philly and this year in NO to get himself a contract next year as a backup. He really helped Noel's offense last year in Philly and not having a point guard that can get him the ball has hurt the Sixers. He's never going to be a starter but he makes a nice change of pace guy.

I think Ish has done enough last year in Philly and this year in NO to get himself a contract next year as a backup. He really helped Noel's offense last year in Philly and not having a point guard that can get him the ball has hurt the Sixers. He's never going to be a starter but he makes a nice change of pace guy.

I agree, but at the same time I was really surprised that all he could land last summer (after a really good stint in Philly) was a non-guaranteed invite to a training camp and preseason for a team that already had too many pgs on the roster.

Good read. When I first saw the link, I thought Ish had made some major announcement.

Back