• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

The IDF has been credibly accused by basically every human rights organization in the world of having indescriminately murdered thousands of Palestinians throughout the occupations of Gaza/West Bank, and during multiple wars. On top of all that, the goddamn blockade is a war crime. You can’t even calculate how many Palestinians have been tortured and killed due to lack of food, medicine, shelter.

The IDF assassinates journalists, murders children for throwing rocks, purposefully maims and cripples non-violent protestors. I don’t give a fuck what their mission statement is. That’s terrorism.

View attachment 6043

and that’s just deaths, which speaks nothing to the quality of life imposed on Palestinians for decades
This says deaths/injuries and apparently qualifies being treated for tear gas as an injury

Total Palestinian fatalities in the past 15 years per the same source appears to be closer to 6,400 per the link below. 1,400 deaths in Gaza during those 15 years. (Although it lists Gaza North as a separate 700) there were 1,400 dead isrealies in one day last week. The math suggests this equating the two sides as equal terrorists that MDMH has been on a rampage with is pretty detached from reality.

Per The Economist in 2021, since 1987, 14,000 people have been killed in skirmishes, battles, fights, bombings, etc in Palestine/Israel. 87% of those people have been Palestinian.

Israel has already killed 2750 people in Gaza in the last five days per CBS news this morning

So basically both numbers have a consistent death rate per year, and also show just how significant 1,400 dead isrealis in one day is.

Thanks.

You’ll note the death count in the box in the upper left corner.

We can also further weight this with the population differences between the two.

I’d be curious also to hear your take as to why there might or might not be any quality of life discrepancy between Israel and Palestine beyond just casualty figures.

Thanks.

You’ll note the death count in the box in the upper left corner.

We can also further weight this with the population differences between the two.

I’d be curious also to hear your take as to why there might or might not be any quality of life discrepancy between Israel and Palestine beyond just casualty figures.
Ah , my bad, I read the graphic wrong. There does seem to be a quality of life difference between the West Bank and Gaza which likely can be directly attributable to Hamas. It's not as if Hamas has universal support there, so taking out Hamas is probably better for everyone in the long term.

The best thing to do right now would be an all out ground assault, which is coming. Then quickly establish a safe zone inside Gaza for non-combatants starting with Gaza City, then expand the safe zone behind the assault as more Hamas fighters are cleared. Push the Hamas forces towards the sea and assault them until they surrender or die. This will result in many deaths, but I believe that is the actual acceptable cost of war.

2,700 confirmed dead and at least 1,000 are children. is the world really to believe these are all 'human shields' and an acceptable cost of doing business to get rid of Hamas? does this fall under the right to defend itself? I can't wrap my head around seeing justice on either side here, or how more bombs will avenge the Israeli dead

I know it's been posted before, but almost half of the population of Gaza are children. So when you talk about the acceptability of "many deaths," it's only fair to remind everyone that we're talking about kids.

I know it's been posted before, but almost half of the population of Gaza are children. So when you talk about the acceptability of "many deaths," it's only fair to remind everyone that we're talking about kids.
Americans barely give a shit about dead American children. I don't expect them to care about dead Palestinian children.

Americans barely give a shit about dead American children. I don't expect them to care about dead Palestinian children.
Seriously though, reading some of the accounts from people at the music festival that was attacked were uncomfortably similar to stories from kids in the US during school shootings.

Back