• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

I understand it, but I don’t have to approve of it. We can’t condemn a never ending cycle of violence by saying “retribution is ok if you are the righteous victim”.

Attention attention moral badass alert, a true follower of Jesus turn the other cheek with nothing close to a comparative trauma.

Be completely honest - you would have no judgement for a Palestinian rushing back home to join Hamas? Or is that not a fair analogy?
Hamas is a terrorist organization with the stated goal of committing genocide against the Jewish people for a variety of insane conspiracy theories. Of course it's not a fair analogy.

To be completely honest, I'm still processing my thoughts about Hamas. Legit org vs terrorist organization. But no i don't think i would judge it...assuming i'd resolved that aspect of it.
And yeah i get that one could view the IDF no differently than Hamas. I'm not there, but acknowledge the reasonable discussion on that.
Such a view would be mistaken, and I don't think it's very reasonable at all.
Israel's government has done and will continue to do shitty things, but there is no moral equivalence between the IDF and Hamas as organizations. If you doubt it, I would encourage you to read the Hamas charter and compare it to the mission of the IDF. You might also read up on moral war theory and apply that to the actions of Hamas and the IDF (readily acknowledging that the IDF and all militaries have often fallen short of the ideals of moral war theory).

Attention attention moral badass alert, a true follower of Jesus turn the other cheek with nothing close to a comparative trauma.
I’m not sure what you believe “trauma” is, but I can tell you what it’s not - it’s not a license to commit genocide. It’s not license to perpetuate trauma 2x

I can tell you that judging all Israelis is a super shitty thing to do and making up individuals motivations and hypotheticals doesn’t make you the good person you believe it does but hopefully it can make you feel better about something that’s missing in your life.

I can tell you that judging all Israelis is a super shitty thing to do and making up individuals motivations and hypotheticals doesn’t make you the good person you believe it does but hopefully it can make you feel better about something that’s missing in your life.
this is the main issue i have. Just rubs me wrong when we assume someone's motivations. I do it as well i'm sure..and it seems to me most of us only assume motive when it's something we disagree with

Yeah did you see Taylor Swift’s bodyguard’s quote before he boarded the plane, he said “I am returning to Israel to chew bubblegum and genocide, And I'm all out of bubblegum”

Oh, so this guy joining the IDF is “all Isrealis”
Sort of like how Whitney Houston is “every woman”. I get what you are saying now.

maybe I’m not up to date on the conflict in Israel - are Israelis being killed now? I haven’t heard about any rocket fire into Israel for the last 4-5 days and It was my understanding that the Hamas militants who survived and escaped had all retreated back to Gaza.

So joining the IDF now is serving what purpose?
There have been fairly consistent reports of rockets fired into Israel over the past week. Early today the Israeli parliament had to clear out because some were detected.

I'm not 100% sure how much of it is coming from Gaza (most stories have been covering Hezbollah firing rockets from Lebanon). Between the dome and the IDF clearing out civilians on the Israeli side of the Gaza and Lebanese borders it doesn't sound like there's been a ton of Israeli civilian casualties from what I can tell.

What even was the point of posting that story about Taylor Swift’s bodyguard if it wasn’t to start a debate? Why is this person important?

What even was the point of posting that story about Taylor Swift’s bodyguard if it wasn’t to start a debate? Why is this person important?
I posted it because anything Taylor Swift becomes major news and I assume nothing less of this one.

Israeli planes bomb the Rafah land crossing from the Palestinian side again. The concrete barriers that the Egyptian army placed in front of the internal gate of the crossing from the Egyptian side were destroyed during the bombing.

Back