• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It appears official, let's get behind the Man(ning)!!!!!

He's helping out the debate team too.

In on this, stop being grumpshits and GET DOWN on the MANUP

Culture Champions

steve-carrell-office.gif

I don't blame him for trying. I blame him for why he failed. He doesn't have the juice to make a homerun hire. He poisoned his rep in the coaching community for the way he fired Dino, and clumsily clung to Our Abiding Shame by ripping previous players with his culture crap. He has no goodwill with the fanbase, and he's approaching retirement. He's a lame duck. This is why we didn't make a home run hire.
Meanwhile, Clawson cited RW as one reason he was excited to come to Wake. Guess he was lying, eh? And RW really brought in the tier 1 coaches before he fired Dino, that' for sure!

Are you still going to live in that world if both Clawson and Manning become really successful at Wake? When does the hate end for you? The biggest problem we could face now is if the Kansas job opens up...and Manning follows Self's footsteps....3 (2) years at Tulsa, 4 years at Illinois (Wake?), then Kansas.

Meanwhile, Clawson cited RW as one reason he was excited to come to Wake. Guess he was lying, eh? And RW really brought in the tier 1 coaches before he fired Dino, that' for sure!

Are you still going to live in that world if both Clawson and Manning become really successful at Wake? When does the hate end for you? The biggest problem we could face now is if the Kansas job opens up...and Manning follows Self's footsteps....3 (2) years at Tulsa, 4 years at Illinois (Wake?), then Kansas.

We should only be so lucky to have Manning follow Self's footsteps. Self went 78-24 in three seasons at Illinois with an Elite Eight, Sweet Sixteen, and Second Round appearance. If Manning does that over the next 3 years, I'd like to think Wake would be an attractive enough job at that point that we could continue to build on that success with his replacement.

We should only be so lucky to have Manning follow Self's footsteps. Self went 78-24 in three seasons at Illinois with an Elite Eight, Sweet Sixteen, and Second Round appearance. If Manning does that over the next 3 years, I'd like to think Wake would be an attractive enough job at that point that we could continue to build on that success with his replacement.

his replacement? Yep, you guessed it folks, Frank Stallone

3.jpg

Yeah, a new coach praising his new AD and BOSS, that's a shocker right there.....:rolleyes:

Self is 50, Manning is 47. When exactly is that job going to be opening up?

Self is 50, Manning is 47. When exactly is that job going to be opening up?

I didn't realize Self was that young. Manning could be here for a while. I'm probably gonna get season tickets for the first time in 3 years!

I didn't realize Self was that young. Manning could be here for a while. I'm probably gonna get season tickets for the first time in 3 years!

Yep, Self was a grad assistant at Kansas under Larry Brown while Danny was still playing. Only way Danny goes to KU is if he's awesome at Wake for 5 years and Self goes to the NBA. I don't see it happening.

I hope Clawson and Manning are both successful, and will be happy if they are. That means Wellman got lucky on Manning. Good for him. As much as I'm rooting for Manning, he's not a homerun hire. I notice you didn't counter any of my reasons why Wellman can't make a homerun hire.

Like Grobe, Wellman is an AD whose stock has plummetted the last four years. It's not hate; it just has.

I'm a big Manning fan, aka a Man fan, but I have to admit we've had some pretty interesting representatives sartorially for Wake over the last few years. Dino's pimp suits, [Redacted]'s lack of any style, and now the high cut 4 buttoned jacket.

My silence was deafening on these threads.

I think I remember telling moonzy it was a horrible hire because you don't bring in an inexperienced head coach to deal with a dumpster fire because the odds are so low that person can dig you out of the flames.

Our bodies have burned 3 times over at this point. THREE 20+ loss seasons in 5 years as head coach. HOLY SHIT. That's amazingly bad.

What a shit hire.

I think I remember telling moonzy it was a horrible hire because you don't bring in an inexperienced head coach to deal with a dumpster fire because the odds are so low that person can dig you out of the flames.

Our bodies have burned 3 times over at this point. THREE 20+ loss seasons in 5 years as head coach. HOLY SHIT. That's amazingly bad.

What a shit hire.

Yes

That was your thinking

Imagine a major corporation having their flagship product in decline over 4 years. They need to bring new life to it...

What CEO would hire a guy with just 2 years of experience in a high management role?

It is preposterous on its face.

What a shit hire.

And don't forget the 19 loss season. He was only one loss away from making it 4 out of 5.

But he did almost make the NCAA Tourney and only needed the best player to wear the Old Gold and Black since CP3 to do it. So he's got that going for him...which is nice.

Back