• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's all but official now: Jeb is running!

Two Bushes- two sets of wars, two recessions, two equity market failures, two sets of job losses.

Yep, a third one is likely to win.

Jeb seems to me by far the smartest and most likable Bush.

Jeb seems to me by far the smartest and most likable Bush.

I agree, and I wish he had been the one to run last time. As someone who is slightly left of center, I will be happy to see him get the nomination. Jeb v whatever Dem is as close to a win win as it gets for me.

Two Bushes- two sets of wars, two recessions, two equity market failures, two sets of job losses.

Jesse Jackson can dust off his "Stay out of the bushes" speech from the 2000 convention.

You can blame Ann Richards for that.

Interesting. I'm reading about her now, and I'm guessing you mean for losing to W in the governor's race? (I was pretty young then, so this is before my political memory.)

welcome back! life is so much better with you posting on an internet message board!

I agree. And just speaking from memory, his immigration stance isn't batshit. But I haven't read up on him.

I'm not instantly in hate with him.

His immigration stance is good. Not suprisingly, his wife was born in Mexico, which is part of a general trend amongst conservatives. See Cheney, Dick, on marriage equality.

Jeb is to the left of every potential Republican candidate except possibly Christie, but not too far left that he would scare the hardcore right. Without looking them up, I recall his approval numbers as FL gov were good with both conservatives and overall.

Jeb is to the left of every potential Republican candidate except possibly Christie, but not too far left that he would scare the hardcore right. Without looking them up, I recall his approval numbers as FL gov were good with both conservatives and overall.

yeah he doesn't piss me off.

I mean he's still going to be a trickle down guy which sucks but they all are, left and right.

Keep Wolfowitz and Cheney and Rove away. Yeah I know Cheney's kid is gay and therefore he has evolved (like the current nincompoop) but the chicken hawks are what ruined Bush's term

That and the supply side horsheshit, tax cuts during a war,

Maybe a Jebbers can bring the party back to the center and shut the morons up

He ran Florida a lot better than W ran Texas.

Seems likely he'll be paired with a wingnut if he wins the primary, though, right?

If the Dems can't beat a Bush, they should quit.

Back