• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's all but official now: Jeb is running!

I think Christie's Cowboy's fandom makes me respect him less than anything else he's ever done.

Definitely. Not only is he a Cowboys fan, he publicly joined the bandwagon in their best year in awhile, and did it seemingly for self-serving political reasons.

All are bad on their own. Together? Horrible.

Definitely. Not only is he a Cowboys fan, he publicly joined the bandwagon in their best year in awhile, and did it seemingly for self-serving political reasons.

Disgusting. I had no idea he was a fan until this year.

Disgusting. I had no idea he was a fan until this year.

He says he's been a fan forever - http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...nobody-ribbed-me-when-the-cowboys-were-losing

His reason for being a Cowboys fan growing up in NJ is less endearing than TWDeac's, but I don't think he's necessarily a Johnny Come Lately.

I'm fine with him being a fan, I just think it is annoying that he chooses to associate himself with the team when it so obviously benefits him.

I'm fine with him being a fan, I just think it is annoying that he chooses to associate himself with the team when it so obviously benefits him.

He also responded to ribbing/teasing with the least common man answer ever "I think a fan of any team would want to sit in the owner's box with his friends."

We're not all friends with billionaires, Chris.

He also responded to ribbing/teasing with the least common man answer ever "I think a fan of any team would want to sit in the owner's box with his friends."

Pols should steer clear of sports unless their experiences are relatable and sincere: Mitt talking about "sport" and owning a dressage horse (who knew Mr Ed could ice dance?), Hillary and her "life-long love" of the Yankees, Martha Coakley's lack of knowledge about the Bosox, and Obama's attempt at bowling. Why pander when it's clearly bogus?

I am not sure that Christie has a base. Conservatives do not like him. He is not really the establishment candidate. Rightly or wrongly, his handling of the Jersey Storm cost him a huge amount of votes in the primaries. I think he had very little shot before Bridgegate and almost no shot afterward. The only thing he has going for him is a combative style and a reasonable quick wit when it comes to retorts.

Candidates certainly seem to be challenged when it comes to favorite teams. Has Mrs. Clinton ever decided which was the NY baseball team that she had always pulled for?

I remember an awkward moment for Obama when the White Sox broadcasters asked him who his favorite players were in Chisox history, and he couldn't name one. Granted, he was put on the spot, but those answers are usually ingrained in your mind if you actually have them. I can still name the early. 80's Braves starting 9 and I'm not even a Braves fan anymore.

Please tell me he paid with his own money to fly to Dallas. If he used tax payer money he may be done for.

Here he was in 08:

B6jIeiZIUAAUnOh.jpg

Please tell me he paid with his own money to fly to Dallas. If he used tax payer money he may be done for.

No way he's that dumb. No way he paid for it through the Republican Governors Association either.

From that angle, he looks like his neck functions like a pelican.

No way he's that dumb. No way he paid for it through the Republican Governors Association either.

Supposedly Jerry Jones paid for entire trip, but taxpayers paid for security detail. Why does a governor need a security detail?

Because he's a governor.

Back