• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's all but official now: Jeb is running!

Ugh. He would've been a good candidate several years ago, but I'm getting tired of how we seem to be gravitating toward families. Whether it's the Kennedys, the Clintons, or the Bushes, it's as if we want a bit of faux royalty.

This. I think Jeb is a solid candidate and would be a good president but I don't want either he or hillary (who probably do just fine as a president as well) in the White House.

No. I think there a lot of people who could be decent presidents. But I have had enough of the Clintons and Bushs.

Everyone has, which is why neither will win.

Unless they run against... Never mind

Seriously, does it really make a difference? Even if they are good people don't want them because of their name. What does that tell you about the electorate?

Last edited:
Unless they run against... Never mind

Seriously, does it really make a difference? Even if they are good people don't want them because of their name. What does that tell you about the electorate?

Americans are dumb?

More good news for Jeb...Huckabee is leaving Fox to explore a run. If the Tea Party and social conservatives are serious about winning, they can't keep running multiple candidates covering the same ground. It's estimated it will take $70 Million to win the nomination and more than $1 Billion to win the general election. There aren't enough primary donors to float 4 or 5 social conservative candidates in Iowa. Jeb and maybe even Christie can skip Iowa and remain viable while all of the social conservatives absolutely have to win Iowa to advance. If there are too many social conservatives in Iowa, Christie or Jeb could even win since the vote would be so splintered. 36 states now perform gay marriages and the Court will announce shortly if they'll take up marriage equality this term. Lots of luck to Huckabee and his cronies in 2016 if marriage equality is a settled issue.

Actually that would be great for them. Not as much grey area in gay marriage as abortion. If gay marriage is a done deal, they won't be asked to fight the battle.

It would be much better for any GOP candidates who have a realistic shot at winning the general election, but Huckabee, Santorum, and Ben Carson can't say, "Nevermind was just joking on marriage equality".

Huntsman would be a very good national candidate. The problem is he has no chance in the primaries.

Think bush and Clinton are the top two individuals in Vegas to win the election. I wouldn't take the field over those two.

I really really want Chris Christie to be a viable candidate, but I just don't see any way a person as obese as he is can win a national election. Image matters too much.

I really really want Chris Christie to be a viable candidate, but I just don't see any way a person as obese as he is can win a national election. Image matters too much.

Temperament also matters. Christie and Hillary should assume that they'll be heckled at every public appearance from now on and operatives will be taping every single one of their appearances hoping for more meltdowns. YouTube never sleeps. Jeb crushes both in temperament and likability.

ZuI76h2.jpg

Whoever wins their nomination first should name the other as their VP. That would shake stuff up.

Back