• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

You are insane if you think a team with Duncan and Childress is finishing 12th in the ACC with the same supporting cast. JGray and Big E were good role players on a good team. I'd say about the same level as CJ and Travis who have also had unfortunate supporting casts with even worse coaching.

And are there people arguing against JHo? How'd we do in the ACC Tourney and NCAA tourneys with JHo? Or with anyone for that matter outside of Duncan (one of the greatest ACC players of all time) in the last 50 years?

Last edited:
You are insane if you think a team with Duncan and Childress is finishing 12th in the ACC with the same supporting cast. JGray and Big E were good role players on a good team. I'd say about the same level as CJ and Travis who have also had unfortunate supporting casts.

And are there people arguing against JHo?

What? JGray and Big E are tons better than those two.

Tons? I don't think so.

People tons better leave early for the NBA or get drafted after 4 years.

Definitely better. And CJ and Travis have (and have had) a much better supporting cast than Big E and JGray had in '06.

4 year players that wont get drafted and were on bad teams without a star. Judgment is clouded because we had a top 5 CBB player and a senior in Howard and then world class point guard on the team for two years.

Muggsy's own website is confused?

I had a hard time believing that too, but they did retire his number at his last game. There's a photo of it in the OG&B archives. Did it get hung at the Joel from the beginning?

Doesn't really bother me...especially with this crowd of spoiled elitists. If it was a group of people whom I respected, it would probably be different. Why should I care about what a group of people who think that spending $1,300 on a dinner for two people is OK think about me....or about anything else, for that matter?

Who in the hell spends that much on a dinner for two?!!? MY GOD.

50.77% of Randolph Childress' field goals at WF were 3-pointers. (329 out of 648, in 120 games)

Charlie Davis scored 696 field goals in only 79 games....an average of 8.81 FG/game. If the same 50.77% of Davis' field goals were 3-pointers, that's an extra 4.5 PPG. As it was, his career scoring average was 24.9 PPG. If you add 4.5 to that, you get 29.4 PPG.....for a career average.

to be completely frank with you, my math skills are so bad i didn't try to follow it for now (although it looks like it makes sense at a glance)..if you could respond to these two things and if that makes sense i'll retract what you bolded:

my understanding was prior to a 3pt line, overall game scores were actually higher than once it was introduced. that's the only thing I was going on, but if that is true, does it not suggest that 3pt line or not players still tended to put up the same figures?

right, well we can agree to disagree on something we are both just guessing about. but i should clarify that the source for that tidbit was a middle school basketball coach who didn't want us shooting threes generally, so since you actually can make an argument for what you said, whereas he just wanted to illustrate a point about shot selection and getting closer to the goal, i can't honestly say he's reliable.

in any event i think we both agree the game has changed so much over time the comparisons across time are very hard, and CD was the best pg to play for wake. Of all the WFU shit my great uncle has, the one thing his is most proud of is a raggity ass signed photo of him with CD when he visited his steakhouse once upon a time. And no, it's not for sale :)

Doesn't really bother me...especially with this crowd of spoiled elitists. If it was a group of people whom I respected, it would probably be different. Why should I care about what a group of people who think that spending $1,300 on a dinner for two people is OK think about me....or about anything else, for that matter?

BKF, it seems to me that you are the elitist if you really think that it's any of your fucking business what other people spend their money on. Between income, sales, real estate, luxury taxes most of us contribute well over half our income to the government. Why in the world would you even have an opinion about what someone else chooses to spend his money on? I guess you know better.

BKF, it seems to me that you are the elitist if you really think that it's any of your fucking business what other people spend their money on. Between income, sales, real estate, luxury taxes most of us contribute well over half our income to the government. Why in the world would you even have an opinion about what someone else chooses to spend his money on? I guess you know better.

this belongs in the tunnels. make the thread, and we'll talk.

ETA: also- 666... SOMEONE LOCK MY POST COUNT HERE PLEASE. if it's not 420, 666 is the next milestone.

I haven't bothered to read this thread, but the only thing I can hope for at this point would be CP3 coming out, giving [Redacted] the Stone Cold Stunner, flipping off Wellman before giving him a Stunner, then pouring out a couple of Steveweisers on them before storming of through the crowd. Otherwise, I feel sorry for Paul having to come back and have a great honor spoiled by current state of the program and the two people responsible for it.

Think I'm coming back for this one to honor MY BOY. Not even sure who we play.

Just a trivia question for some of you folks about 3 of these players who have jersies hanging as of March 2013: What do Skip Brown, Rodney Rogers and Chris Paul all have in common?

Back