• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

i believe he was NPOY on some sites, but none of the big ones. fox sports POY maybe? something like that.

4 sources named Howard NPOY according to the WFU Media Guide, but none of the big ones did as FYC points out.

I could give you Dick Joyce's per minute numbers, and I bet he beats both those guys.

Now you are just being fucking stupid. Because per minute numbers = per career averages.

Last edited:
Now you are just being fucking stupid.

Says the guy who posted a bunch of averages when the debate clearly is about whether longevity counts. Everyone knows CP had great numbers in the brief time he was here.

Says the guy who posted a bunch of averages when the debate clearly is about whether longevity counts. Everyone knows CP had great numbers in the brief time he was here.

Guess you missed this part in my post:

Contribution to Team Postseason Success

Minutes Played in the NCAA Tournament
Paul 189
Bogues 19

Points Scored in the NCAA Tournament
Paul 105
Bogues 0

ACC Conference Wins
Paul 22
Bogues 16(includes ACC Tournament)

Guess you missed this part in my post:

Contribution to Team Postseason Success

Minutes Played in the NCAA Tournament
Paul 189
Bogues 19

Points Scored in the NCAA Tournament
Paul 105
Bogues 0

ACC Conference Wins
Paul 22
Bogues 16(includes ACC Tournament)

Muggsy was on a bad team. Pretty sure that's already been established by others in this thread. CP had a ton of talent around him, and he grossly underachieved. If you can't admit that the 03-04 and 04-05 teams should have won at least a few ACC tourney games and done better than one Sweet 16 appearance, then there's no point even taking part in this discussion anymore.

Glad we agree on something. :p

Yeah, if ever there was a sign that I need to let something rest, it was the fact that I just calculated Dick Joyce's career per-minute scoring average.

I'll leave this thread with this: I love CP3 and I respect those who believe his jersey belongs up in the rafters, but I will never think he accomplished enough in that jersey to be worthy of it.

Yeah that team that was almost exactly the same was awesome the next year after he left.

Yeah, they did underacheive in the postseason. OK with getting to the Sweet 16 as a freshman as a #4 seed and losing to the #1 seed by 4 points. Not OK with how his sophomore year ended after the nut punch: suspension leads to a 1 game suspension/ACCT blowout dropping them to a #2 seed getting them shipped to Cleveland to get Pittsnogled. Paul got to end his Wake career the same way Duncan and Howard did, with disappointing 2nd round NCAA losses.

Yeah that team that was almost exactly the same was awesome the next year after he left.

No point guard (also it wasn't even close to exactly the same - we replaced Taron, Jamaal and Vytas with Harvey Hale, Kevin Swinton and Joe Dukes). CP's team had talent. Justin Gray was first-team All-ACC one year. Big E was a great player. Taron, Jamaal, Vytas, Trent and Viss were good players. Don't tell me CP didn't underachieve.

OK, now I'm done.

Newsflash: CP makes players better. Much better. Defining characteristic of his game.

Newsflash: CP makes players better. Much better. Defining characteristic of his game.

Was Big E not a McDonald's AA? Was the rest of that supporting cast (minus Viss) not the exact same supporting cast that helped J-Ho win an ACC regular-season title?

It's damn close. Dick Joyce averaged .442 points per minute, and CP averaged .447. (Disclaimer: This is stupid; my initial point was just that you can't always prorate averages)

PER:

RJ: 11.4

CP: 24.7

ed_lover2009-cmon-son-med-wide.jpg

Back