• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's happening before my very eyes...

I know you are just trying to be funny, but you are missing the whole point, dv7.

There is a time & place for everything. And 2 AM while on a trip as an official representative of the university....putting yourself in a position that could...and in this case did....place the university in a bad light on a national scale is definitely not that time and place. And it is the coaching staff's job to make sure that such a situation does not happen. You can be damned sure that it would never happen with a Bob Knight team!

I haven't read this whole thread, but I am just curious if any body knows whether they brought in a new Band Director to clean out all the bad apples from the clarinet section while [Redacted] has been cleaning up the basketball team. It didn't get much if any press (Way to go Dan Collins!!!) so I am wondering if there are any music department insiders on the boards with any scoops.

One of the band directors is leaving at the end of the year...unrelated to this. And I believe the perpetrator was a trombone player.

It's hilarious that BKF would use Gary Clark to try and validate his culture points. Gary Clark...All-Acc Academic Team, math major, studied on the bus Gary Clark.

And as for the James Johnson taking the SAT several times so he could get into Wake (when he had already qualified at other schools)...I recall Rodney Rogers having to take the SAT more than once so he could come to Wake.

If Wake had used BKF's logic, we would have missed out on one of the greatest basketball players and human beings to ever set foot on the quad.

notable ogboards poster deacphan had to take sats twice and bkf loves me. that's because i'm white, though.

One of the band directors is leaving at the end of the year...unrelated to this. And I believe the perpetrator was a trombone player.
Can you elaborate on this any?

The perpetrator was in fact a trombone girl.

it's kind of weird the Culture Club tabbed a guy with experience scouting nba players to keep us from recruiting future nba players.

When the hell did people start throwing the band under the bus on this thread?

"Now I know why tigers eat their young!"

Morgan is leaving.

My year was the last year that had to take the SAT. I only took it once I think. Might have taken it twice now that I think about it though. I think everyone I know took it more than once.

When the hell did people start throwing the band under the bus on this thread?

"Now I know why tigers eat their young!"

Calm down, I was in the band for two years, I like the band and the band directors. I was attempting to point out the silliness of the argument that a college student engaging in sexual activity late at night while on a trip for the college would lead to the firing of the coach or director or whoever, because it means the organization is out of control. It would be completely ridiculous if Dr. Bowen was dismissed over a trombonists actions.

Ahh Fuck, it this is stupid.

The Buzz lover you love to hate from the other boards dropping in to drop a deuce and truth bombs on y’all Dino slurpers and Bz haters. All I can do is be myself and brush off y’all haders like flies. Bzzzz Bzzzz swat!

First. I have transitioned from overalls to a mankini. I believe the mankini provides a snugger fit while giving my manjigglies more room to breath in the stuffy confines of Section 2. I apologize in advance to any families sitting behind me who may be exposed to one of my family jewels (get it? I am talking about families and family jewels is a euphemism for balls, which makes it doubly punny) while I’m cheering on my Deacs during one of Coach [Redacted]’s patented 4-0 runs.

Please refrain from any childish references to hanging and/or Benoit balls as you guys over here on this board are prone to make. That is one of the main reasons I’ve stayed away from these boards till now.

Second. Let’s get real here. Dino was a Guido Sardouchebag who derailed the culture of our esteemed University by recruiting thugoons and hooligans like James Johnson. Let’s be better than those light blue pansies in Chapel Hill. I don’t want any PJ Hairstons at Wake, and that was the direction Dino ‘never soar’ Gaudio was taking us.

Third. [Redacted] has done exactly what has been asked of him. He has brought in upstanding citizens who just also happen to be solid, fundamentally-sound basketball players. Fundamentals start from the head up.

He is an honorable man who only expects the best from the men under his warm, loving, toned and supple wing. You guys make fun of him for teaching proper sock technique, but think about it. If your socks aren’t on correctly, your toes might get itchy. If your toes are itchy, you are only thinking about getting your finger down there to scratch the itch. If your focus is on scratching the itchy, how make you make basic basketball plays like dribbling and passing and shooting? The answer is, you can’t! So while you guys are playing kiddie checkers, Coach [Redacted] is playing big-boy chess.

Now that he has his players in the program, Coach [Redacted] is winning and winning big. UNC is still UNC. We just beat a Notre Dame team that made the national championship game last year. Things are looking bright, and I look forward to the press conference announcing a [Redacted] extension as soon as the season is over.

Go Deacs!

Culture was mentioned. I don't recall there being any sweeping comments about we needed to fix a problem or clean house or anything. The point is that if you're going to talk about [Redacted] fixing culture, you have to address why the most obvious culture problems were left on the team.
That sort of misses my point. For Wellman the culture change was just getting rid of Dino and bringing in a Stevens-like coach to coach up the players and get them to "straighten out" their issues. Why would he worry about "problems" left on the team? Bz was supposed to fix those players...from Wellman's point of view.

Back