• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

J Harris Gets The Waiver

the stars were aligned that year. You don't want to beat up orville or camp back there to much.

We didn't have a great OL in 06. We barely had a passable offense. We had a great kicker. Defense and punting gave us favorable field position.

Also turnovers, which we don't really force anymore

We didn't have a great OL in 06. We barely had a passable offense. We had a great kicker. Defense and punting gave us favorable field position.
Compared to '95 Cornhuskers, your right. What year since did we have a line play better ?

Line play was a strength in Grobe's first two years. We had that great moment in the Komeback at Kenan where Julius Peppers was sucking wind down on one knee during the game winning drive. Five guys would sub in at a time. It was great stuff. If you just meant, "better than 20 years ago" I don't think you meant "great".

Incidentally, we had a different offensive coordinator during those two years.

And we used to do a little thing called cut blocking too

Incidentally, we had a different offensive coordinator during those two years.

And we used to do a little thing called cut blocking too

Lobo was the OL coach then.

Our offense has never been as effective in the more traditional style than the style Grobe brought from Ohio.

Just to be clear...I like Josh and he has been a real leader in the weight room. I hate it for him. He is certainly not anything like a "cancer". I wish we had him.

As a critique of his style...I have lamented his lack of bounce when defenders hit him...he gets hit with a thud and usually goes down on initial contact. For a guy with his physique you'd think he'd bounce off more tacklers --- I'd hoped that, like Willie Parker (ex hole), Josh would become a tougher inside runner because he does not have enough "glide" to emulate a Tony Dorsett. Josh, when given a clear lane, could score with startling speed. The problem is that at WF you need to be a picker...a guy who can spot small creases, has the ability to break tackles and still have the foot speed to get outside.

I have sworn to the gods of football to keep my fat mouth shut this year...but we do have a guy...and if you want an "aha" moment then enter his name into Hudl and watch a particular play in which this guy literally drags the entire team down the field -- lots of hyperbolic statements in football, no doubt...but you watch his film as a RB and you tell me what you see. ---- I'll see if I can get the link.

*** I am lame and can't embed a YouTube video with instructions on the handle---

Anyway, enter "Domonique Gibson Ath Belle Glades high school" and check out the 3:08 video... The very last 20 seconds if you want to skip the other highlights from his JR season...just the last 20 seconds...

Last edited:
Just because he is academically ineligible doesn't make him a bad kid or mean that we would be better off without him (we won't). Based on my interactions with him, as opposed to speculation based on news that he may not be eligible, I found him to be a well spoken, intelligent Wake student. It seems that he made a mistake that will cost him his final year, and I'm sure he knows how much he let himself and his team down.

Basically, there is no reason to say "addition by subtraction" about every player that doesn't work out for us. Its disingenuous, and in this case blatantly untrue in my opinion. Lets get all the facts before we call him a bad egg or buy into the notion that he is a bad kid.

My son is having to pay his way at Mother So Dear while others are gifted a $250K+ education at a top flight school and find ways to mess it up.

I stand by my comment.

Back