• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

J Harris Gets The Waiver

My son is having to pay his way at Mother So Dear while others are gifted a $250K+ education at a top flight school and find ways to mess it up.

I stand by my comment.

Terrible post.

Just because he is academically ineligible doesn't make him a bad kid or mean that we would be better off without him (we won't). Based on my interactions with him, as opposed to speculation based on news that he may not be eligible, I found him to be a well spoken, intelligent Wake student. It seems that he made a mistake that will cost him his final year, and I'm sure he knows how much he let himself and his team down.

Basically, there is no reason to say "addition by subtraction" about every player that doesn't work out for us. Its disingenuous, and in this case blatantly untrue in my opinion. Lets get all the facts before we call him a bad egg or buy into the notion that he is a bad kid.

One mistake doesn't cost you your academic eligibility.

I'm sure he regrets what he did to cause this. How will this look in a job interview? This team has few leaders. I'd say Nikita and Camp are the most vocal, but who else is working to keep the redshirts invovled on the side lines, keep guys out of trouble, keep players mentally invovled in a boring practice. You are all right in saying that this didn't just happen to Josh over night. Academically he tried hard but not hard enough. Maybe he took all of his easy course early, and left Math and Science for later. I talked to Grobe in the spring of '09 and he was concerned that the OL wasn't working hard enough. He hasn't fixed the problem in 4 years, because the results speak for themselves. Josh is a symptom of a bigger problem of leadership from the HC to the captains and a focus on small but important details. We saw that it was possible at this years UNC game, but that was the end if it.

My son is having to pay his way at Mother So Dear while others are gifted a $250K+ education at a top flight school and find ways to mess it up.

I stand by my comment.

He hasn't messed up his education. Besides, your son had every opportunity in the world to not suck at football and earn a scholarship and he didn't do it.

Josh certainly isn't a bad kid, but he definitely did not produce to the level of his potential.

Our own fans overrated him so much based on a few good quarters of football. The way he acted at the Music City Bowl soured me on him for good.

Seriously though, how does Harris lose his eligibility before his senior year?!

I'm going to laugh is this has nothing to do with academics at all and Josh graduates early, does a post-grad transfer and blows up.

Seriously though, how does Harris lose his eligibility before his senior year?!

It could be as simple as failing a class that had a major grade dependency on a single paper/test that he bombed.

Wake sure does have some grade-A twats to count among our supporters.

Back