• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman Fan Club (No more Seinfield references, we've reached our limit)

That is truly a first class tweet from Kendall Hinton.

Sorry I doubted you, Jamie. Arm is way better than I thought. Great win.

Jamie Wally Pip Newman!

You need to look at the history of the Yankees and understand you probably have your analogy backwards.

Wally Pipp was the regular Yankee first baseman. He and two other regulars were benched by the manager because the 1925 Yankees team was playing badly early in the season. (15-26, with five straight losses.) Pipp was replaced by a young kid named Lou Gehrig. Gehrig went on to play in the next 2500+ games. Wally Pipp never started for the Yankees again.

The popular story, that Wally Pipp had a headache and asked to be taken out is Hollywood fiction from the 1942 movie, "Pride of the Yankees."

One of the Hasslebeck brothers compared Newman favorably to Cam Newton. Hyperbole? No. Hell no.

One of the Hasslebeck brothers compared Newman favorably to Cam Newton. Hyperbole? No. Hell no.

I’ll take credit for coining the name “baby Cam” for which I was mocked. I’d like to add the name “Cam Newman” as well.

You need to look at the history of the Yankees and understand you probably have your analogy backwards.

Wally Pipp was the regular Yankee first baseman. He and two other regulars were benched by the manager because the 1925 Yankees team was playing badly early in the season. (15-26, with five straight losses.) Pipp was replaced by a young kid named Lou Gehrig. Gehrig went on to play in the next 2500+ games. Wally Pipp never started for the Yankees again.

The popular story, that Wally Pipp had a headache and asked to be taken out is Hollywood fiction from the 1942 movie, "Pride of the Yankees."

As a huge Yankees fan and one who loves Yankees history and knows way more than he should (including the above), I think I just fell in love with you. Awesome post

tumblr_mr662nHgCA1rcaovvo1_500.jpg

"The Drive" by Skinner vs Ole Miss, Price's 4th Q drive vs unc and now Jamie Newman with 90 seconds and no timeouts vs State.

Newman's might be the best one yet. It deserves it's own name.

"The Drive" by Skinner vs Ole Miss, Price's 4th Q drive vs unc and now Jamie Newman with 90 seconds and no timeouts vs State.

I was at the first two, and they were both amazing, but last night's might of been the best. And to think I could have easily gone to the game (I live in Raleigh now) but didn't want to be around my State friends when they inevitably crushed us.

In. He spread the ball around better last night than Hartman had all year. I believe 7 players caught a ball.

Think that is what Claw wants too.

THE DRIVE at Wake was in 1970 versus UNC at Groves Stadium which led to winning the ACC Championship. We went about 90 yards in a little less than two minutes with virtually no passing attack. A shovel pass won the game.

I still can't believe what I saw on tv last night. I was so amped afterwards I couldn't get to sleep until around 2 am....stayed up watching Sports Center and the replays.

A 21 point dog, short week, new QB leading a banged-up team probably losing confidence versus 14th ranked Wolfpack on Senior night with AA now Pro Bradley Chubb juicing a wildly enthusiastic crowd of 55,000+ in pre-game expecting a blow-out win..........who'd a thunk a Deac win was remotely possible.

Forgive me but I got to note 1 negative....the OL. Gawd Almighty it gets worse every game - all of them. Carney got 80% of his yards on his own brute strength, second effort and pure will. And same for Newman with his size carrying 1 or 2 guys for 3-4 yards and falling forward not backward. Oh sure there were 2-3 times where #68 ( not gonna name names ) had a nice block-out for a hole but way overall, the OL just can't create a FORWARD PUSH of 3-4 yards with ANY running play. And I don't believe it's got anything to do with Herron being OFTY.

BTW, Sciba(sp) is MONEY....Weaver who !

Lastly, the TD drive that made it 20-23....what was it, 78 yards on FOUR PLAYS or something ? TWO fantastic throws and TWO amazing clutch catches....THAT got me jumping off my sofa !!!!

GO DEACS !

Oh yea, did the quad get rolled ?

EDIT: Howz about the play of Basham and somebody named Allen, eh ? Basham's beginning to learn about pursuit and this Allen kid had 2 TFL's in 1st half !

Last edited:
Our guy Larry Hopkins!

The Skinner drive against Ole Miss was the first home game of my freshman year - that was a wild game.

THE DRIVE at Wake was in 1970 versus UNC at Groves Stadium which led to winning the ACC Championship. We went about 90 yards in a little less than two minutes with virtually no passing attack. A shovel pass won the game.

Was there. Hopkins was a beast.

Everybody in the stadium knew what the plays were going to be. Didn't matter. The baby blue couldn't stop the Larry and Larry show. Larry Russell made all the right reads on the drive and Larry Hopkins (now MD- that is medical doctor) just would not be stopped.

If this team can manage a bowl given all of the sh*t it has had to overcome, it will be just short of a miracle.

If this team can manage a bowl given all of the sh*t it has had to overcome, it will be just short of a miracle.

A bowl somewhere is looking a lot more likely after the win last night.

Back