• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeez, Dave…

Possibly the most inexplicable call of Dave’s WF career. I was hollering at tv to just take the easy points. No wind is going to matter that was essentially same as earlier extra point when we got offside called. What’s so infuriating is Claw has been soooooo conservative all the time it’s predictable, but on a 4th and 3 with chance to go up 4 you give up easy points and decide to be aggressive???. just insane and we can whine about the refs but that call cost us. mack owns claw right now.

One of my sons, who attended tonight's game with me, said at the end, "Dad, for a guy who claims to GET Wake Forest, I'm not sure he really does."

You're playing UNC in a tit for tat game. TAKE THE FUCKING POINTS!!!!! You have a QB who has been leaking oil for a month. Take the damn points and make them do it!

One of my sons, who attended tonight's game with me, said at the end, "Dad, for a guy who claims to GET Wake Forest, I'm not sure he really does."

You're playing UNC in a tit for tat game. TAKE THE FUCKING POINTS!!!!! You have a QB who has been leaking oil for a month. Take the damn points and make them do it!
lol yes, GETTING wake forest is playing it safe, right

that's the jim fucking grobe move, I'm glad Clawson has some courage, hindsight is 20/20

up to that point Hartman had been on fire too and we'd been absolutely gouging them in the run game

that's the jim fucking grobe move, I'm glad Clawson has some courage, hindsight is 20/20

up to that point Hartman had been on fire too and we'd been absolutely gouging them in the run game
Don’t know where Coach was lookin, but I’m pretty sure the foresight was 20/20 on that one.

What courage did Clawson show exactly? Courage to face the media with a dumbass decision?

Going for the TD for a sure win. And all the other 4th down calls that DID go our way in that game. It was the right call statistically and I hope this doesn't put him into coward mode the rest of the year.

Either Sam and our guys make the plays or they don't.

Going for the TD for a sure win. And all the other 4th down calls that DID go our way in that game. It was the right call statistically and I hope this doesn't put him into coward mode the rest of the year.

Either Sam and our guys make the plays or they don't.

This shitty board's software won't allow me to bold the following, "It was the right call statistically". NO. NO it was NOT! You take the damn points in that situation! You go from a FG winning to forcing a TD to win the damn game. You CANNOT be serious that statistics argue otherwise.

We get the conversation and win the game and Clawson is an aggressive genius. End thread.

This shitty board's software won't allow me to bold the following, "It was the right call statistically". NO. NO it was NOT! You take the damn points in that situation! You go from a FG winning to forcing a TD to win the damn game. You CANNOT be serious that statistics argue otherwise.
I do not know where to find the analytics, but I am 100% sure they support going for it in that exact situation. The issue was our 5th year QB and OL not executing.

For OUR team it 100% was, maybe retake a statistics course if you think otherwise

Just like going for it on all those 4th down plays we converted was the right call too

I'm sorry, love Dave and all, but you take the points. Make UNC have to score a TD to take the lead and then we'd only be down a field goal if they did get the TD. This loss was on that stupid decision and Sam's stupid decision to make the throw that got picked. Defense played its freaking guts out short handed, deserved better.

I’m not against us going for it had we gotten 1 or 2. We got nothing on 3rd. I’m not even totally against going there. But don’t say you went because you were worried about our kickoff team. Wtf does that mean? Say, I wanted 8 to make it two scores and we didn’t execute. Idk. Just a befuddling loss. Getting to be expected.

From a win probability standpoint, going for it, and not kicking the FG, was 100% the correct call and it’s not close. Just didn’t convert.

I, for one, can’t wait to see what kind of dumbass fucking throws Hartman is going to make to get us beat by Syracuse and Duke the next two weeks. I can’t express how ready I am for literally anybody else to play quarterback for Wake Forest.

Back