• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeez, Dave…

I, for one, can’t wait to see what kind of dumbass fucking throws Hartman is going to make to get us beat by Syracuse and Duke the next two weeks. I can’t express how ready I am for literally anybody else to play quarterback for Wake Forest.
Well he only threw one pick tonight, but sometimes its about quality and not quantity.

Running back out in the flat was wide open, everyone in my section thought he was going to throw it. great ply call, for some reason Sam just didn’t trust the throw. We had need converting 4th down all night, I’m fine with the call but not the execution. I’ve never watched Drake Maye play an entire game, kid is special, poised and throws dimes. If they win out I can see him at a minimum getting to NY and maybe finishing second or third. His numbers against us to night were crazy. He really only missed one pass as the others were drops

Kick the field goal. The offense has moved the ball 91 yards. Don't let the offense leave the field without a sense of accomplishment and maintaining momentum. The accomplishment is eliminating a Carolina field goal as a possible winning play. Eliminating a means of defeat is always a good move. Clawson went for a two point conversion in effort to get a three point lead earlier in the game. The fact that a field goal beat the Deacs is evidence of why you kick the damn field goal.

Last edited:
This loss is squarely on Clawson for chasing points. Would 38 points have been enough to win??

Unfortunately, we'll never know.... :(

Going for the TD for a sure win. And all the other 4th down calls that DID go our way in that game. It was the right call statistically and I hope this doesn't put him into coward mode the rest of the year.

Either Sam and our guys make the plays or they don't.
8 point lead is no sure win. UNC scores TD, goes for 2, ties us, and wins in OT, just like Clemson...

I’ve never seen so many penalties and turnovers for a Wake gram. We never rarely turn it over/penalized under Grobe, and we rarely turn it over/penalized under Clawson.

The biggest difference between being 9-1/8-2 or six and four. Ball seems to not be rolling in our favor for multitude of reasons, whereas last season, we are winning the close games. Happens to everyone it seems.

Sadly, the fact of the matter is that our multi-million dollar coach's decision to chase points and to not kick an extra point and a FG cost us a win.

Sucks so hard to lose again this way to Fat Bastard Mack and his goats. :(

We couldn’t get 2.5 yards on two separate occasions against an awful defense. I’ll blame 5th and 6th year OL and QB vs the coach. Arguing against analytics is kinda silly to me.

Clawson is impplodding. Awful wrong, not really up for discussion decision not taking the points.

zero zero adjustments during the game or since Louisville. Running the same crap when the other team is attacking the box.

DC is kind of a dick so I’m sure he doesn’t handle criticism well but He deserves a ton here, Coaching has been pathetic.

OTOH Lambert has really improved the D. God we need some more LBs and bigger safeties.

Kick the field goal. The offense has moved the ball 91 yards. Don't let the offense leave the field without a sense of accomplishment and maintaining momentum. The accomplishment is eliminating a Carolina field goal as a possible winning play. Eliminating a means of defeat is always a good move. Clawson went for a two point conversion in effort to get a three point lead earlier in the game. The fact that a field goal beat the Deacs is evidence of why you kick the damn field goal.
This. 100% this. Just sick thinking about it. This loss is going to sting for a while.

Clawson is impplodding. Awful wrong, not really up for discussion decision not taking the points.

zero zero adjustments during the game or since Louisville. Running the same crap when the other team is attacking the box.

DC is kind of a dick so I’m sure he doesn’t handle criticism well but He deserves a ton here, Coaching has been pathetic.

OTOH Lambert has really improved the D. God we need some more LBs and bigger safeties.
2nd half adjustments were promising, but electing to play man to man defense with backups against elite WRs was idiotic from the start. With inferior athletes, why we don’t play almost exclusively zone defense is beyond me. Hell, we made Clemson do it and it’s a big reason they won that game.

At worst if you kick the field goal you get the ball needing a field goal to tie "if" (they didn't by the way) UNC scores a TD. Well as it turned out we still got the ball needing a field goal to win, so not kicking the field goal there did us no good and you can take your analytics and shove them. Go play E-sports with your pocket protector.

I don't watch a lot of college football besides Wake. Mostly an NFL'er here (Jets). Sorry to say that it was one of the worst coaching games I've ever seen.
It always blows me away watching Coaches pissing away easy points. We played well enough to win last night. Mistakes (INT's) happens but no excuse for poor HC decision making.

At worst if you kick the field goal you get the ball needing a field goal to tie "if" (they didn't by the way) UNC scores a TD. Well as it turned out we still got the ball needing a field goal to win, so not kicking the field goal there did us no good and you can take your analytics and shove them. Go play E-sports with your pocket protector.
This as well. Really hate it when the dorks swoop in, talk down to those who they claim don’t understand the math/probabilities of going for it and then not take qualitative issues into account at all. You take points after going 91 yards down the field. You take the lead and you force them to beat you with a TD. Even then, we probably still have plenty of time for another drive with a chance to seal the deal again with a FG. Defense was playing well at that point, too. Just no feel for when to be aggressive and when to be conservative. It’s my one and only complaint regarding Clawson.

Several seasons in a row of various degrees of “what might have been.” If this keeps up, Clawson’s legacy will become largely “impressive new heights, but what might have been.”

I'd love to see a more creative play caller with this offense too. How about one semi trick play? Late in the game when we were running all over them,.imagine Sam giving the ball to the RB and the RB pitching it back to Sam on the flea flicker. The odds of somebody being wide open would've been pretty big as I would imagine UNC was loading the box at that point. However no, we get the same damn running play that after you run it 4 or 5 straight times a good high school defense will stop if they know its coming. This offense as a base strategy is very good, but sometimes its too damn scripted and it seems we're scared to death to ever deviate from the script.

Back