• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeez, Dave…

I'd love to see a more creative play caller with this offense too. How about one semi trick play? Late in the game when we were running all over them,.imagine Sam giving the ball to the RB and the RB pitching it back to Sam on the flea flicker. The odds of somebody being wide open would've been pretty big as I would imagine UNC was loading the box at that point. However no, we get the same damn running play that after you run it 4 or 5 straight times a good high school defense will stop if they know its coming. This offense as a base strategy is very good, but sometimes its too damn scripted and it seems we're scared to death to ever deviate from the script.
Trick plays are a must. Other teams run them against us and they seem to always work. Good teams run them. Great teams run them. We refuse.

Trick plays are a must. Other teams run them against us and they seem to always work. Good teams run them. Great teams run them. We refuse.
Dave is too much of a "we do, what we do coach." They came up with the slow mesh because of the need to be a little bit different at Wake Forest, but eventually its not " different " if it doesn't evolve and expand. We've got to have one of the least varied play books around.

Game 4 at UVa last year we ran a flea flicker and the TE was so wide open he just had to make sure he kept his feet in bounds.

20 games later we haven't had any additional deception play.

when the difference between good and great can be one or two plays.....

I wouldn’t even call what we need to do as ‘trick plays’. We have a pretty incredible base offense, but when we need a yard or two and we refuse to go into a power formation and continue to give the ball to the RB five yards behind the LOS while we slowly march forward before deciding to hand it off to the RB, keep it or sling it…by then an opposing defense has already gotten to both the QB and RB. That works when we have a long field. It doesn’t work when the field shortens. Why do we not understand this? Jesus, even the stupid Wildcat is better in those situations than what we have been doing. Just so disappointing to not take advantage of our talent.

Clawson’s stubbornness has gotten us to where we are now. It unfortunately may be the thing that keeps us where we are right now.

Game 4 at UVa last year we ran a flea flicker and the TE was so wide open he just had to make sure he kept his feet in bounds.

20 games later we haven't had any additional deception play.

when the difference between good and great can be one or two plays.....
Yeah I forgot about that, bet it would've worked just as well last night.

We continue to underutilize the TE in the passing game IMO. Whiteheart is a reliable pass catcher who gets open. and when did we last throw to the RB on a wheel route?

It doesn’t matter whether it’s football or soccer, Wake coaches are stubborn and refuse to make in-game adjustments. Clawson with the slow-mesh and a QB whose head isn’t in the game or Muuss for trying to coach his wannabe perfect PL team. The other teams just say, f-it, and go balls to the wall with pressure, while Wake says stay the course. And we know how it ends up.

Last edited:
I, for one, can’t wait to see what kind of dumbass fucking throws Hartman is going to make to get us beat by Syracuse and Duke the next two weeks. I can’t express how ready I am for literally anybody else to play quarterback for Wake Forest.
Sir, who was the dumbass Wake quarterback in last night's game that threw 4 td passes?

The way that we were pounding them with the run, then why in the hell was he throwing there in the first place?

We seem to have lost focus, both as a coaching staff and team. Just really piss-poor in-game decisions, sloppy play. We just look very distracted. This is CLEARLY not the team who won at Tallahassee. Not even close IMHO.

THIS. Pound on the ground. Kill clock. They couldn’t stop us.
I got no problem with a throw, our running game isn't one where you can just keep pounding away and UNC had stuffed it the play before I believe, but Sam has got to make a better decision than that.

I'd love to see a more creative play caller with this offense too. How about one semi trick play? Late in the game when we were running all over them,.imagine Sam giving the ball to the RB and the RB pitching it back to Sam on the flea flicker. The odds of somebody being wide open would've been pretty big as I would imagine UNC was loading the box at that point. However no, we get the same damn running play that after you run it 4 or 5 straight times a good high school defense will stop if they know its coming. This offense as a base strategy is very good, but sometimes its too damn scripted and it seems we're scared to death to ever deviate from the script.
Said same last 5 years....

Sam is shitting the bed so much he belongs in a nursing home. And my other qb, Josh Allen, now leads the league in interceptions. Yep. It’s been a great football weekend for me. Fuck it all

Sam passed for 320 yards and 4 TDs with 1 pick. Yeah, he shit the bed alright. We have some morons on here.

Watch the last 3 drives and tell us he didn’t shit the bed. Sure he did some great things. The pass to Greene was a thing of beauty. But he also made some bad reads, underthrows, and ultimately lost us the game. Should we have won in spite of his errors? Of course.

Sam passed for 320 yards and 4 TDs with 1 pick. Yeah, he shit the bed alright. We have some morons on here.
I hear you but UNC has one of the worst defenses in college football. Everyone has shredded them.

You're kidding yourself if you think UNC didn't score a td if we went for the fg

You're kidding yourself if you think UNC didn't score a td if we went for the fg
It’s not like they weren’t trying to score a TD. They would’ve maybe had one additional play and gone for it on 4th when they kicked.

Back