• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeez, Dave…

Sam is unreliable. Especially in the 4Q when every play matters. The freshman qb showed more composure and grit than Sam, and Sam was playing against a pathetic defense with the best top to bottom receiving corps wake has ever had.

Both our coach and quarterback deserve blame for the loss in a (another) game that we should have won. But if the officiating was even, we would have won easily. I do not expect Clawson to beat good teams and the officials, and UNC has an elite offense with a future high first round pick quarterback.

I thought going for it was the obviously correct call. Odds were UNC was going to score a touchdown anyway. If he had taken the points and UNC came down and scored a TD, everybody would be arguing the other way.

Plenty of other stuff went wrong on Saturday where we don't need to make up things to complain about.

I thought going for it was the obviously correct call. Odds were UNC was going to score a touchdown anyway. If he had taken the points and UNC came down and scored a TD, everybody would be arguing the other way.

Plenty of other stuff went wrong on Saturday where we don't need to make up things to complain about.
If the second half went like the first half, then this line of thinking was on track. However, the D played a very solid second half. We gave up 9 points after the half. Playing like they were marching up and down the field on us just doesn't fit what was actually happening.

It's just hard to fathom, when we needed it the most, that our offense turned it over 3 straight times (2 on downs, 1 on a horrible INT) against one of the bottom 10 defenses (look it up) in America. We should have won that game by 10+.

It's just hard to fathom, when we needed it the most, that our offense turned it over 3 straight times (2 on downs, 1 on a horrible INT) against one of the bottom 10 defenses (look it up) in America. We should have won that game by 10+.
This right here.

They are a pathetic defense and Wake should have hung 60 on them. I have no issues with the defense giving up 30 something to that offense. This game is squarely on the SEVERELY underachieving offense regardless of the piss poor officiating.

Sam is unreliable. Especially in the 4Q when every play matters. The freshman qb showed more composure and grit than Sam, and Sam was playing against a pathetic defense with the best top to bottom receiving corps wake has ever had.
Would your opinion be the same today absent the holding call on the late Hartman clutch pass to Perry and a short field goal to win?

Would your opinion be the same today absent the holding call on the late Hartman clutch pass to Perry and a short field goal to win?
I love Sam as much as anybody, but that was a 50/50 ball that Sam threw to AT because he had single coverage and AT made a great catch. I don't see why that would change anyone's opinion.

What else did Sam do on that last drive? One holding penalty is easy to overcome against a bad defense playing soft coverage. Especially since it was, I think, on second down. Couldn’t even complete another pass.

Back