• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe to Army?

This recruits and facilities argument is unreal. Any outside observer would say Wake Forest has one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Further they would say our football stadium is without peer for our size. When we have recruits visit does anybody really think we pick out the worst things about the Wake environment. It like someone comes to visit your house and you show them your junked up garage as a focal point. If you can't sell the entire Wake environment you suck at selling. There is much more to sell here than the size of a weight room. Some athletes are concerned with the size of the classroom. When I ran a sales force the worst of the worst were always bitching about what they did not have to sell instead of selling what they had.

Grobe shouldn't be saying those things, it just comes across as sour grapes. However, I think people really over value our stadium upgrades when it comes to recruiting. The stadium upgrades are great for us, the fan, I love them. However, the players and coaches don't spend a lot of time there when you think about it, they use the on campus facilities a whole lot more. I think there are things we are in dire need of upgrading on that front, so I think Grobe is probably right. I just don't like him going public with that stuff, not now when it could potentially hurt the new staffs efforts on the recruiting front.

Man, Newman was just bad that year. What a dud of a senior season. I think our biggest problem was missing on just about every single kid from Jax after Skinner and JR. Very few of them turned into ACC talent.

Didn't lose that game because of Newman, lost it because Lobo and Grobe didn't make any adjustments after Clemson figured out how to stop our short passing game.

Also wasn't Newman's senior season.

Great hire. Jim may be in a hammock in the backyard next year.

If Jim thinks it's difficult to win at Wake, why would he be a candidate at Army? Jim Grobe would have done better at Wake in both wins and recruiting if he had displayed a little testosterone in the plays his staff called and in managing game situations. Glad he's gone with his woe was me attitude.

If Jim thinks it's difficult to win at Wake, why would he be a candidate at Army? Jim Grobe would have done better at Wake in both wins and recruiting if he had displayed a little testosterone in the plays his staff called and in managing game situations. Glad he's gone with his woe was me attitude.

He led Wake to an Orange Bowl. Peddle this shit to State and Carolina alums. Give me a break already. He did more for Wake football than any other coach. It's just that simple.

Didn't lose that game because of Newman, lost it because Lobo and Grobe didn't make any adjustments after Clemson figured out how to stop our short passing game.

Also wasn't Newman's senior season.

Yeah Newman had nothing to do with losing that game...

The Citadel offered former head coach Charlie Taaffe, UCF OC. He's Grobe's age so that may be a possibility.

Because the expectations would be much lower. Just another version of LOWF.

Back