• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe

The situation always determines the proper course of action to take. There is simply no way that you allow yourself to get into a position where you could be hit from behind in a situation like that. I'd bet that probably 90% of the QB fumbles there would come from an unexpected blind hit from behind. Riley had to keep the defense in front of him there. As has been said, it was a 1st & goal play from the 5-yard line....after we had held BC to a FG.

Jesus, you really have gone off the rails you crazy old fuck.

Riley was on the radio this morning in Jacksonville talking college football.

Jokingly(?) said he legitimately fears for the safety of Wake's players on Saturday.

You...and several others...should stop with your knee-jerk negative responses based on who the poster is and try to analyze what is being said in the post instead. You are so consumed with blasting me that you turn your fucking brain off to anything that I am saying. And this latest one was no-brainer simple for anyone with any football sense at all. You don't fumble like that on 1st down in that situation. Jesus!

Oh my god bkf has gone full-blown rj.

What I said in that post makes perfect sense...and if you don't think so, you are incredibly stupid.

If Skinner doesn't turn his back on the defense, he doesn't get hit from behind and fumble. Then we have two more chances to win the game from the 6-yard line...and if we don't score a TD we have what amounts to an extra-point FG to go to another OT.

What the fuck is wrong with you that you cannot understand something that incredibly simple?

A 4th grader should understand that....and I'm assuming that you are a WF graduate. Do you understand nothing about the game of football? Evidently not, by your dumbass response to my post.

You...and several others...should stop with your knee-jerk negative responses based on who the poster is and try to analyze what is being said in the post instead. You are so consumed with blasting me that you turn your fucking brain off to anything that I am saying. And this latest one was no-brainer simple for anyone with any football sense at all. You don't fumble like that on 1st down in that situation. Jesus!
Wow, this reads more like boob than bob.

LOL. If you just want to flame, a smart WF grad should be able to come up with something better than that. I've evidently gotten so far into some of your heads that you've become incapable of logically & rationally responding to anything I post.

Your latest response is a perfect example.

kinda stupid at least?

I was there. I saw it. I still can't believe it happened.

You can't do something meaningful with your life in a small rural NC town?

If your definition of meaningful is winning a 1000 person popularity contest and then voting to add a stop light outside the Piggly Wiggly. then yes.

Smart people don't stay in small town rural NC. They leave and do something with their lives.

Some like to be a big fish in a small pond. Besides if bfk is from advance there are plenty of smaller towns.

They missed the hand off, he spun around to his blindside, and was met almost immediately. I would have liked for him to not fumble but it wasn't like he was careless securing the ball after scrambling.

LOL. If you just want to flame, a smart WF grad should be able to come up with something better than that. I've evidently gotten so far into some of your heads that you've become incapable of logically & rationally responding to anything I post.

Your latest response is a perfect example.

It always made me sad in school when bullies would pick on the special needs kids.

Ugh, we flew up for that BC game. Most shell-shocked I've ever been after a finish. And we absolutely deserved to win that game - wore them down and were dominant in the last quarter and in overtime. Just a boneheaded play by the RB and Riley ran straight into an unblocked rusher. Not his fault, but man that stung.

It was a boneheaded call by Lobo. And was typical for him. Using a new formation/scheme for the first time at the tail end of OT when the guys are exhausted already. Just like his implementation of the option play without it being sufficiently ingrained in the players' skill set. You court disaster when you insert radically different plays into your game just for [unnecessary] shock value.

It was a boneheaded call by Lobo. And was typical for him. Using a new formation/scheme for the first time at the tail end of OT when the guys are exhausted already. Just like his implementation of the option play without it being sufficiently ingrained in the players' skill set. You court disaster when you insert radically different plays into your game just for [unnecessary] shock value.

What we tried to do last year with the option was inexcusable. It didn't fit our personnel and you cannot have an effective option based attack, without the dive play in my opinion. How many times have we heard the key to stopping the option is stopping the dive first, that's how important the dive play is to an option attack. Last year, we were trying to be an option team without even the threat of the dive. It was insane.

Back