• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Larrañaga

FlaccidDeac

Reaction score
What did the Poop Sheet say about Wake's chances at landing Jim Larrañaga after we fired Dino? Was it that we could've had him but there was something about the terms that he didn't like?

Last edited:
The terms were Wellman and Hatch. Now we are stuck with a coach who isn't good.

Idk what the question is but we could have had him but didn't want to let him have full control of his assistants.

poop sheet is a nickname for the ACC sports journal

i know this because i know olds who like acc schools and got it

Irrefutable proof that we correctly hired Bz instead of Larranaga.

And let's not forget we were in a culture crisis. Such a massive crisis that no one knew about it.

Well that's why they had to tel everybody how bad our culture was.

Too obvious of a good candiadate for Wellman to hire. Would have been awesome though. Definitely wouldn't be in the giant hole we are in now. The man earned his way up the coaching ladder. Didn't get a position because he's a big name.

Seems if you're firing a guy for his poor postseason, hiring a final four coach is a good plan.

I'd rather have a coach who coached in the final four than assistants who won ACC Championship and a head coach who won a national championship. But that's just me.

Idk what the question is but we could have had him but didn't want to let him have full control of his assistants.

Yea, we wanted to make sure he had Rusty LaRue and any other ex-Wake player as an assistant and anybody else that Ron Wellman could put around him to take the pressure off himself. How about Gregg Marshall or Ben Howland? Both had major personalities and RW would never had let anybody at that time usurp him and his ego. Forget winning, he just wanted a change in culture.

Back