• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Larrañaga

So why is basketball subject to such control and football isn't? Clawson picked his assistants.

Firing Dino and not the assistants and then insisting the assistants stay on with a new head coach is really really weird in retrospect

Firing Dino and not the assistants and then insisting the assistants stay on with a new head coach is really really weird in retrospect

The whole thing was weird. With rumors that Rusty had to be the coach in waiting or human shield. Now Bz is a Grizz assistant and Rusty is out of basketball. Well done Ron!

The whole thing was weird. With rumors that Rusty had to be the coach in waiting or human shield. Now Bz is a Grizz assistant and Rusty is out of basketball. Well done Ron!

weird maybe but it makes perfect sense. ronnie runs things the ronnie way. the cost does not matter. other opinions don't matter. all that matters is taking credit and shifting blame. he wanted human shields to deflect blame and get the unwashed masses excited about the hire.

Larranaga took George freaking Mason to the Final Four and turned THE U into a basketball school. Shows you the level of competency of our decision-makers.

I, for one, thought he lucked out a few years back with that Larkin team, but he's been able to sustain success.

The list of expansion ACC teams with no basketball tradition and/or support who have out-hired Wake Forest lately is growing. I assume whoever is handling the Pitt hiring won't treat their own school as a stepping stone job, and might actually hire a proven head coach. :tard:

Well "out of basketball" meaning head coach of West Forsyth, but yeah.

Last I heard he was managing a store similar to Dairy Queen. So he was at West Forsyth this season?

Larranaga got transfers we could never get from Kansas State and Texas. Take away those and that's the prime two players they have. I'm sure McClendon and Rodriguez are bastions of academia.

Larranaga got transfers we could never get from Kansas State and Texas. Take away those and that's the prime two players they have. I'm sure McClendon and Rodriguez are bastions of academia.

Rodriguez didn't learn English until he was 15, and now is "one of the best speakers" the Tilda has ever heard.

Let's not just make assumptions about people to fit the narrative that "it couldn't work" at Wake.

We took a transfer from UNC Charlotte. Don't really get your point.

Reactions: BDL
Back