• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Larrañaga

So why is basketball subject to such control and football isn't? Clawson picked his assistants.

I think now we have 2 head coaches who are doing their own thing and are not consulting RW at all on what they are doing.
Coach Claw has total control and is also a helluva fundraiser. I don't believe RW was going to get Danny Manning and tell him who he was going to have as his assistants like he did [Redacted]!

I think now we have 2 head coaches who are doing their own thing and are not consulting RW at all on what they are doing.
Coach Claw has total control and is also a helluva fundraiser. I don't believe RW was going to get Danny Manning and tell him who he was going to have as his assistants like he did [name redacted]!

I guess but Childress is still on staff.

Larranaga got transfers we could never get from Kansas State and Texas. Take away those and that's the prime two players they have. I'm sure McClendon and Rodriguez are bastions of academia.

You're judging this based on what, your intimate knowledge of their studying habits? Their transcripts? Some sort of telepathy or psychic ability?

You're judging this based on what, your intimate knowledge of their studying habits? Their transcripts? Some sort of telepathy or psychic ability?

His intimate knowledge that players good at basketball can't possibly be good at academics.

THE RON WELLMAN BRAINWASHING.

Larranaga got transfers we could never get from Kansas State and Texas. Take away those and that's the prime two players they have. I'm sure McClendon and Rodriguez are bastions of academia.

what utter tripe

Everyone thought that 5 man recruiting class that fuckstick inherited from Dino was super awesome, so Ron Wellman bent over backwards to keep the assistants, esp. Battle, to try to keep that class intact and it worked that all 5 still came despite a coaching change.

It was the second time a few years that a shortsighted coaching move was made over a single recruiting class.

EJLZMOGPVAMSJLE.20130509153521.jpg

Everyone thought that 5 man recruiting class that fuckstick inherited from Dino was super awesome, so Ron Wellman bent over backwards to keep the assistants, esp. Battle, to try to keep that class intact and it worked that all 5 still came despite a coaching change.

It was the second time a few years that a shortsighted coaching move was made over a single recruiting class.

You mean the thugs that Dino recruited that made it necessary to change the culture of the program?

The prevailing thought at the time was that if we just kept the athletes and brought in a head coach with good X's and O's then we would be set.

speaking of assistants. whatever happened to [name redacted]'s assistants at colorado? you know, the ones he dumped in a hot second as a better job came calling.

#loyalty

From the Memphis Grizzlies page about [name redacted]:

Q: Do you think you’ll still watch a lot of college hoops now that you’re a full-time NBA coach?

JB: I love the NBA – I don’t not like college basketball. I only left the NBA after my stop with the Denver Nuggets for a family health issue and now that is behind us, I am excited and grateful to be back in the NBA.

Not one mention on the entire page about his time spent at Air Force, Colorado or Wake.

From the Memphis Grizzlies page about [name redacted]:

Q: Do you think you’ll still watch a lot of college hoops now that you’re a full-time NBA coach?

JB: I love the NBA – I don’t not like college basketball. I only left the NBA after my stop with the Denver Nuggets for a family health issue and now that is behind us, I am excited and grateful to be back in the NBA.

Not one mention on the entire page about his time spent at Air Force, Colorado or Wake.

And this may be why he never was a good college BB coach. Apparently he really didn't have the mindset for dealing with college kids and all that goes with them.

Yeah. It's crystal clear now that he only coached college basketball to stay close to Denver for his daughter's treatments and to be near here in college. Good dad. Horrible college coach.

Yeah. It's crystal clear now that he only coached college basketball to stay close to Denver for his daughter's treatments and to be near here in college. Good dad. Horrible college coach.

Yeah, but he also most likely ruined her college experience in the process.

Back