• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford drafted (sort of)

Why invest in a minor league when the NCAA runs one for you free of charge?

There are tweeners that they might want to see playing in a pro setting. There are also guys at the factories who may not get a shot to play at Bama or Clemson who need some practice to play in the NFL.

It can also be used to rehab players.

Based on NFL teams starting training camp with what, 90 players?, and then getting down to 53, I'd say that's not much of an issue.

I mean, I get it. I've made no secret that I think the AAF is great. The NFL absolutely needs a minor system. They just have no reason to do anything different than what's already been done for them.

There's not much difference between player 50 and player 70, but there's all the difference in the world than player 53 getting an NFL contract and playing on an active roster and player 65 being relegated to working out and hoping to hear from his agent.

There are tweeners that they might want to see playing in a pro setting. There are also guys at the factories who may not get a shot to play at Bama or Clemson who need some practice to play in the NFL.

It can also be used to rehab players.

It's not the guys at the big time programs who need the extra reps. If you've been in the Alabama system for 3-5 years and have the tools and size, the NFL needs you. It's everybody else who needs the work.

Maybe Alabama can send quarterbacks into the AAF to get work, Since Ken Stabler last started a game in the NFL in 1983 Alabama has had 5 QBS to start a game in the NFL. Richard Todd, Jeff Rutledge, Brody Croyle, Greg McElroy who started 1 game for the Jets, and AJ McCarron.

Last edited:
Well I don’t think they’ll have to worry about that in the near future.

David Shula just never got his chance !

Also, David Palmer played some wildcat QB at Bama and started some games for the Vikings.

John knocked out of today's game on play he got intercepted

That was a good pick though.

Any word on the average game time? That game finished in under 2:30. If they can get a football game to close of the length of an NBA game, that's a pretty huge innovation.

Back