• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

Trevor Noah Will Host The Daily Show Through 2022

But Noah found his footing in the following months, and has continued to grow his audience after the initial post-Stewart ratings drop: Daily Show is the only daily late-night program to grow its viewership year over year in both total viewership and the key 18-49 demo, where it currently ranks in third place behind The Late Show and The Tonight Show.

Anyone else enjoying The Opposition so far? Klepper is already so good at this.

Anyone else enjoying The Opposition so far? Klepper is already so good at this.

I watched the first ep and was underwhelmed. Has it gotten better?

As a reference point, I thoroughly enjoy Klepper - his "solves guns" special was spectacular. I wish they'd done something more innovative for the format of this show than just another desk/headlines setup.

I'll have to check out Klepper. The 1 I've been enjoying is Jim Jefferies new show on Comedy Central. Last week's bits with the English cops and the Reno mayor were great.

My sister's BFF from elementary through high school is one of the writers for the Opposition. So, yeah, there's that.

We should probably just go ahead and turn this into a Late Night thread or something, but Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas is real good. A little more absurdist than other shows in the genre, but it matches the tone of his standup / previous work. I dig it.

So that's five Daily Show alums hosting Late Night shows not even counting Trevor Noah.

So that's five Daily Show alums hosting Late Night shows not even counting Trevor Noah.

Hasan Minhaj has a late night talk show coming out on Netflix this year, too. And Michelle Wolf has a sketch show coming out on Netflix this spring.

I actually think Minhaj and Wolf make 8, with the others being Cenac, Bee, Klepper, Oliver, Colbert, and Jessica Williams. I could see an argument to count Michael Che for co-hosting Weekend Update, too. The amount of talent in that pipeline is nuts.

Jessica Williams has a late night show? I know she has a podcast and is producing a TV show but I didn’t know she has a late night show.

oh, I guess it was only a 4 ep special. probably doesn't count, fine

when will the Late Night bubble burst

No idea. I have no idea how there's enough revenue to support all of these shows on all of these platforms.

and the amazing part is i've never watched any of them in real time and only occasionally pay attention to the most trending of clips of one or two of them

i have no idea how the economy works WRT to late night

No idea. I have no idea how there's enough revenue to support all of these shows on all of these platforms.

It helps that many of them are weekly rather than nightly.

Also worth noting that the two new ones are both on Netflix rather than a traditional network, and Cenac's show is a 10 episode limited series on HBO. It's not like these are traditional formats for late night shows at this point, which is a good thing.

and the amazing part is i've never watched any of them in real time and only occasionally pay attention to the most trending of clips of one or two of them

i have no idea how the economy works WRT to late night

I only really watch Oliver in real time, and highlights from Colbert and Meyers. Don't watch Fallon, Conan, Noah, or Bee at all. Stopped watching Klepper after the first week or two of his show. (Post #463 was a little quick on the trigger, admittedly)

I'll probably stick with Cenac for this first season, and I'm interested to see how Minhaj does.

When I had the commute to Boston, I used to keep up on Meyers/Colbert by basically watching all their Youtube clips on the train. Now, I'm only watching a Colbert monologue or Meyers' Closer Looks if the news seems to warrant it, and almost none of their interviews.

That being said, Ph: Colbert's Aubrey Plaza interview this week was pretty great if you haven't seen it yet

Back