• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

I think we've learned that Stewart had a shelf life and he left at the right time and that most of Stephen Colbert's appeal is the "Stephen Colbert" character. And all the people who turned down The Daily Show spot were right.

I disagree. I'd still watch TDS religiously if Stewart, Oliver or Wilmore were doing it. Agree completely about Colbert. His right wing schtick and the writing on that show were brilliant, but I don't watch his show now.

I disagree. I'd still watch TDS religiously if Stewart, Oliver or Wilmore were doing it. Agree completely about Colbert. His right wing schtick and the writing on that show were brilliant, but I don't watch his show now.

I meant Stewart himself had a shelf life, not TDS. I'm not sure if Stewart would have thrived in a Trump environment in which the jokes are so easy.

I meant Stewart himself had a shelf life, not TDS. I'm not sure if Stewart would have thrived in a Trump environment in which the jokes are so easy.

I dunno. Oliver feasted on Carlos Danger. Many times over.

This also has to do with the writing staff, since most of the jokes don't originate with the host. How much of Stewart's staff carried over to Noah?

I think I've just about given up on the Noah DS. I really wish Jon Stewart still had a public voice for this travesty of an election.

I think I've just about given up on the Noah DS. I really wish Jon Stewart still had a public voice for this travesty of an election.

Samantha Bee is the one to watch. The only thing funny about the DS these days is the occasional field piece by Hassan or Jordan.

Noah is done. He won't be hosting TDS in 2017.

Did Samantha Bee turn down TDS in favor of having her own show for name recognition? She'd be good at TDS.

Is that a #hottake prediction or have you seen that reported? A quick Googling yielded nothing for me.

Jordan Klepper taking over the post TDS timeslot

Klepper’s show is still in development and its format is murky. It will be produced by Klepper, Noah and “Daily Show” alum Stuart Miller. Comedy Central said in a release that the show “will look to embrace and define the chaos of our country by channeling Klepper’s steadfast attitude that institutions are to be trusted less than the lies of the mainstream media.” The host will also “surround himself with a hand-picked team of contributors contractually obligated to reinforce his singularly correct world view.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-news:page/in-the-news&utm_term=.613f9882bc8f

Yeah Klepper, Roy Wood, and Michelle Wolfe were all great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, oops. I saw this thread get bumped and assumed Noah got canned or TDS was cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when Comedy Central created "That's My Bush" after 43 got elected? Apparently they have short memories with this Trump show...

Back