• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

So is it a show or a website?

Yeah Stewart is done. And TDS probably is too after another year unless they get a new host. The more I see Noah, the more hackish he seems.

Meh. This HBO deal sounds like a news version of Bojack or South Park and it will probably be hilarious.

For a brief time, CC had the best one-two punch in all of late night with Stewart and Colbert. Unfortunate to see it crumble so quickly.

Anytime I've watched a late night show during the election, I've felt like they were just recycling the jokes and memes I'd already seen that day.

When Jon Stewart joined The Daily Show, he did a more frequent version of SNL's Update segments. Now there are thousands of folks on the internet doing more frequent news-based humor.

I wish the show could have found a way to connect. I would watch it periodically, mostly based on the guest or if I wanted to see how he covered a specific event in the news. The show got better over time, but just with small increments. Wilmore will land on his feet, he's a funny, smart guy. He might be better off like W. Kamau Bell, who is now able to do something interesting and unique with "United Shades of America" after his by the numbers weekly news show got cancelled.

Anytime I've watched a late night show during the election, I've felt like they were just recycling the jokes and memes I'd already seen that day.

When Jon Stewart joined The Daily Show, he did a more frequent version of SNL's Update segments. Now there are thousands of folks on the internet doing more frequent news-based humor.

There are also a handful of imitators on TV with different degrees of creativity and success (Oliver, Bee, etc).

Back