• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

I don't know how else to explain it other than, if nobody had evacuated from Florida then the death toll would be in the hundreds, if not thousands, instead of likely staying under 100.

If you live on a barrier island (which you shouldn't, so you assume the risk), then sure, you should evacuate inland. If you're several miles inland, what are you dying from different than any other storm?

If you live on a barrier island (which you shouldn't, so you assume the risk), then sure, you should evacuate inland. If you're several miles inland, what are you dying from different than any other storm?

Jesus you are insufferable. I'm sorry that you were fucking bothered to have people come into your house that irritate you.

This is a pretty big issue of life or death for a lot of people. That's why a big deal was made out of it by meteorologists and scientists alike.

Enjoy your day. I hope your family can make it out alright so you can enjoy your life sans any further interruptions.

All I know is that I've had my in-laws camped out in my house since Thursday for a bunch of bullshit. Their house didn't even lose power and they watched their security cameras online as it rained and some branches fell down in the backyard. Whoopdeedamndo. Luckily they seem to be wising up to the fact that they live in an area not suitable for full-time residence, and will hopefully move somewhere more sensible.

Seems like they already have.

I got an alert that my power is out. Ph rolls through the actual hurricane eye and doesn't even lose directTV I get some shitty wind bands and no more power. The Atlanta decline is real.

As I watch Charleston (an area hundreds of miles from where it actually hit) and my apartment get hit with this water and flooding, I have absolutely no problem with the way the news handled it, particularly for folks in Florida who wound up getting hit.

I'm sorry that people get so worked up over the fact that meteorologists need to hype these things up to get people to leave areas and make them aware of what's going on, but it is absolutely necessary to report on it in the manner that they do.

First, I'm sorry your apartment is flooded. Second, Charleston is on the coast. It's going to flood now and then.

What if it did stall out like Harvey?

It didn't, so I don't know what the issue here is. If it stalled out like Harvey, it would've weakened considerably and dumped an assload of rain on Florida and apartments in Charleston would still be dry. But it didn't.

It didn't, so I don't know what the issue here is. If it stalled out like Harvey, it would've weakened considerably and dumped an assload of rain on Florida and apartments in Charleston would still be dry. But it didn't.
Maybe you should create an alt-weather channel that presents the best possible outcome for extreme weather events. "Fair and balanced" weather reporting? There is sure to be a market for it.

You and 2and2 are real pieces of work. I mean maybe just don't post if can't say anything without being passive aggressive about people who post on here and their very real situations with regards to flooding. Amazingly shitty.

Laws ha mercy. Ts and Ps for those affected. Not shocking the dwarfs get nervous when their fear mongering didn't pan out and they lost video games for a day or two. The real story is that, although this sucks for many peeps, it could have been- and was predicted to be- much much worse. And it wasn't.

And also, per usual, Rubbins was correct all along delivering Real News! while the dwarfs dropped nervous news.

I wish I could lay a bigass slap on the face of every single weak little bitch who evacuated from Florida. Just a bunch of motherfucking pussies, every last one of them. Boo-fucking-hoo, their cable went out for 10 minutes. As soon as I saw the Lamestream Media covering Hurricane Irma (sounds like a Mexican name to me), I knew it was gonna be a big old nothingburger. There's more wind coming out of my ass the morning after BOGO rib night at Oh! Brian's.

Maybe you should create an alt-weather channel that presents the best possible outcome for extreme weather events. "Fair and balanced" weather reporting? There is sure to be a market for it.

This is a great post.

Back