• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joy Reid : exhibit A of D’s strongest trait, Hypocrisy

Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite: all of which are American dreams

Joy Reid is fucking terrible, particularly for being such an open homophobe and transphobe so recently and pivoting to social justice punditry.

This seems relevant.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/26/media/joy-reid-hacking-fbi-investigation/index.html

An attorney representing embattled MSNBC host Joy Reid said Wednesday that the FBI has opened a criminal investigation into various online accounts belonging to her, adding yet another layer to a convoluted saga that has bewildered the media world.
Reid has raised eyebrows this week with her assertion that a number of newly unearthed homophobic posts ostensibly from her now-shuttered blog were actually the handiwork of someone who infiltrated her account. In a statement on Monday, she said she and her representatives had "notified federal law enforcement officials of the breach."

And Tuesday night, a cybersecurity analyst hired by Reid said that, along with his own investigation into the matter, he is cooperating with federal law enforcement.

On Wednesday evening, Reid's attorney, John H. Reichman, released a statement through MSNBC.

"We have received confirmation the FBI has opened an investigation into potential criminal activities surrounding several online accounts, including personal email and blog accounts, belonging to Joy-Ann Reid," Reichman said in the statement. "Our own investigation and monitoring of the situation will continue in parallel, and we are cooperating with law enforcement as their investigation proceeds."

In keeping with its usual practice, the FBI did not comment on whether or not it is conducting an investigation.

She is full of shit and her "expert" is a weird huckster. She's claiming the internet way back machine was hacked and her "evidence" is that her blog pages were archived on different dates, like 7 years ago. Also, at the time she was blogging she tweeted out links to her goddamned blog posts with homophobic and transphobic language!
2fe53f058b5896d7d54e3750de544236.jpg
aca2b62c4c7b5c6365bc576e1328280b.jpg
6901097adef5f36798cc64e433b729ba.jpg

I want Lectro to explain to me, if she is exhibit A, how that makes this Dem’s strongest trait?

I guess Lectro isn’t used to using evidence to back up his assertions.

Much better to be out in your homophobia, right trashcan man?

In any event, we have someone who believes in conversion therapy as VP, but by all means bring Joy Reid down for her homophobic tweets from a decade or so ago -- won't find many dems in your way on this very important issue!

i'm confident that about 80% of this board's participants were using 'gay' as a general pejorative back in 2006

i'm confident that about 80% of this board's participants were using 'gay' as a general pejorative back in 2006
No doubt. The difference is that none of us (presumably) have gained a minor media celebrity career on the basis of social justice righteousness, and none of us are vehemently lying about our history to the point where we're making up an FBI investigation.

Last edited:
The horseshoe theory isn't "everybody used to be a homophobe". Though I am curious where you think Joy Reid falls along the horseshoe spectrum.

This is why we should all reject NED's centrist bullshit. DSA'ers literally out there running off Nazis in NYC and Charlottesville, demonstrating outside the homes of ICE lobbyists in DC, and centrists and those who occasionally buy their bullshit will tell me that I have to vote for Democrats to protect working class and POC. Meanwhile democrats are out there confirming Mike fucking Pompeo.

Meanwhile Trump

Fixed

Actually, should have fixed it this way:

DSA'ers literally out there running off Nazis in NYC and Charlottesville emboldened because Trump was elected in part because DSA'ers helped Trump win, demonstrating outside the homes of ICE lobbyists in DC emboldened by and doing what they are doing because Trump was elected in part because DSA'ers helped Trump win, and centrists will tell me that I should vote for Democrats because otherwise Trump and the things Trump stands for will keep winning, and DSA'ers will keep having to protest things they helped cause.

Last edited:
Fixed

DSA'ers literally out there running off Nazis in NYC and Charlottesville emboldened because Trump was elected in part because DSA'ers helped Trump win, demonstrating outside the homes of ICE lobbyists in DC emboldened by and doing what they are doing because Trump was elected in part because DSA'ers helped Trump win, and centrists will tell me that I should vote for Democrats because otherwise Trump and the things Trump stands for will keep winning, and DSA'ers will keep having to protest things they helped cause.

ugghhh. anything to take the blame off democrats.

So you are arguing that you fight Trump with centrism. I am arguing the opposite. People that are enraged by Trump, but were not enraged by the poverty, mass incarceration and endless war that preceded him, come from a place of privilege walled off from the impacts of a Trump administration. So their politics always converge on a centrist platform that cares more about winning back power than it does providing single-payer or abolishing the PIC or actually desegregating schools and neighborhoods.

Fixed

DSA'ers literally out there running off Nazis in NYC and Charlottesville emboldened because Trump was elected in part because DSA'ers helped Trump win, ...DSA'ers will keep having to protest things they helped cause.

Wait? Someone on the left helped Trump win?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

"...So to take Bush down, Clinton’s team drew up a plan to pump Trump up. Shortly after her kickoff, top aides organized a strategy call, whose agenda included a memo to the Democratic National Committee: “This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field,” it read.
“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.
“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson
We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."
While the campaign also kept a close eye on Rubio, monitoring his announcement speech and tightly designing the tweeted responses to his moves, Clinton’s team in Brooklyn was delightedly puzzled by Trump’s shift into the pole position that July after attacking John McCain by declaring, “I like people who weren’t captured.”
Eleven days after those comments about McCain, Clinton aides sought to push the plan even further: An agenda item for top aides’ message planning meeting read, “How do we prevent Bush from bettering himself/how do we maximize Trump and others?"

You idiot.

Wait? Someone on the left helped Trump win?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428

"...So to take Bush down, Clinton’s team drew up a plan to pump Trump up. Shortly after her kickoff, top aides organized a strategy call, whose agenda included a memo to the Democratic National Committee: “This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field,” it read.
“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.
“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:
• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson
We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."
While the campaign also kept a close eye on Rubio, monitoring his announcement speech and tightly designing the tweeted responses to his moves, Clinton’s team in Brooklyn was delightedly puzzled by Trump’s shift into the pole position that July after attacking John McCain by declaring, “I like people who weren’t captured.”
Eleven days after those comments about McCain, Clinton aides sought to push the plan even further: An agenda item for top aides’ message planning meeting read, “How do we prevent Bush from bettering himself/how do we maximize Trump and others?"

You idiot.

This is a dumb take, from what I imagine to be a tired, infant-rattled mind. I'll give it a pass.

Back