• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joy Reid : exhibit A of D’s strongest trait, Hypocrisy

Well, I certainly hope the unoppressed white dudes in CO exercise their agency and make sure a Republican wins so they can protect the oppressed and make sure the GOP keeps the House.
Keep your thumb off the scale.

Do you know how scales work?

I do, I do!

I---------------------------------------------I
I---------------------------------------------I
I-------------------------------------------- I
I---------------------------------Democrats 193
I
I
I
Republicans 236

i think the better question is do you understand how these particular scales work
Lets quit with the stupid rhetorical questions. The state and national party apparatus needs to stop rigging the damn primaries by throwing all their fundraising support behind particular candidates. You know damn well that their motivations aren't policy driven, and are highly motivated by the wishes of the largest party donors. It's a vicious cycle of special interests taking precedent over general welfare. Stop being fucking disengenious. It's not clever.

English please.

cut_off_nose.jpg

Lets quit with the stupid rhetorical questions. The state and national party apparatus needs to stop rigging the damn primaries by throwing all their fundraising support behind particular candidates. You know damn well that their motivations aren't policy driven, and are highly motivated by the wishes of the largest party donors. It's a vicious cycle of special interests taking precedent over general welfare. Stop being fucking disengenious. It's not clever.

I think they’re trying to win but they only think they can do that with establishment centrist candidates.

It's telling that the very few people who knowingly approve of the Democratic party being steered by special interests can't acknowledge why people disagree with them.

The skill of a debater is shown by a well rounded familiarity of a topic, such that they have the ability to defend both sides of an argument. Schmoo and ITC don't seem to possess the confidence to do that here.

I think they’re trying to win but they only think they can do that with establishment centrist candidates.
Establishment and centrist are more slurs than actual descriptors. The only things that establishment Dems seem to have in common is their ability to fundraise and vote with Republicans. The lack of a coherent and consistent idealogy is itself the problem. How is it that a politician can accurately be labeled by how likely they are to compromise with the opposition party, but that politician can't be labeled by a specific platform? Who the hell knows what Claire McCaskill stands for when she votea which ever way the wind blows?

Last edited:
It's telling that the very few people who knowingly approve of the Democratic party being steered by special interests can't acknowledge why people disagree with them.

The skill of a debater is shown by a well rounded familiarity of a topic, such that they have the ability to defend both sides of an argument. Schmoo and ITC don't seem to possess the confidence to do that here.

It is telling that you think I am knowingly approving the democratic part being steered by special interests, or have ever come close to arguing that point. No offense, but you don't seem to have the ability to defend even your side of the argument, let alone the other side.

It is telling that you think I am knowingly approving the democratic part being steered by special interests, or have ever come close to arguing that point. No offense, but you don't seem to have the ability to defend even your side of the argument, let alone the other side.
You continue being disengenious and avoiding the debate by feigning ignorance. Choosing candidates by their perceived fundraising ability is steering the party with special interests. Plugging preferred candidates into fundraising networks to give them an advantage over grassroots candidates is steering the party with special interests.

You cant honestly dismiss the corruptive capacity of corporate and PAC money when so many high profile Dems, like Kamala Harris, are right now disavowing that type of fundraising and pivoting to individual donations.

You continue being disengenious and avoiding the debate by feigning ignorance. Choosing candidates by their perceived fundraising ability is steering the party with special interests. Plugging preferred candidates into fundraising networks to give them an advantage over grassroots candidates is steering the party with special interests.

You cant honestly dismiss the corruptive capacity of corporate and PAC money when so many high profile Dems, like Kamala Harris, are right now disavowing that type of fundraising and pivoting to individual donations.

No one is dismissing it. This is not difficult.

More 2016 poll-dance bullshit from Dems who like to reassure one another by repeating such bullshit :)

So African Americans actually support Donald and the polls are just garbage? Roughly 10% of the African American population voted for him based on exit polls. Why would they lie? Most people I've met who are pro-Donald are more than happy to talk to anyone about it.

This.

They look back at Reagan and see Trump in the same vein, politically if not stylistically :)

Dem party recognizes they cannot move further left and win a General over the next cycle.
In this move, the party elders are conceding they recognize the 80’s were lost with Fritz = Hillary and 2020 with Kamala will echo the leftward lurch from Mondale to Dukakis.

The Dems recovered their centrist roots in ‘92 with Bill Clinton (I voted for Willie twice)

I’m almost positive that “disengenious” isn’t a word

Joy addressed the issue this morning with an LGBT panel. Good watch.

Back