• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joy Reid : exhibit A of D’s strongest trait, Hypocrisy

Who said progressivism was unpopular?

Shooshmoo is saying, Black people: Obey your Democrat masters! KNOW YOUR PLACE!

Not a good look for liberalism. It's not hard to see why African Americans are flocking to Trump.

A poll from two days ago has Donald’s approval rating with African Americans at 14 percent. #flocking

Shooshmoo is saying, Black people: Obey your Democrat masters! KNOW YOUR PLACE!

Not a good look for liberalism. It's not hard to see why African Americans are flocking to Trump.

LOL. They're "flocking", all right. According to the latest Economist/YouGov poll, which shows Trump doing better in approval ratings than most other polls (43% approve, 53% disapprove), Trump's support among black voters is weaker than among any other racial group. All of 9% of blacks have a "very favorable" or "somewhat favorable" view of Trump, as opposed to 82% who have a "very unfavorable" or "somewhat unfavorable" view. A whopping 73% of black voters polled had a "very unfavorable" view of Trump. Given Trump's treatment of blacks at his properties over the years, his many offensive statements regarding racial matters in this country, and the racial views of many of the people he surrounds himself with (Bannon, among many others), I don't think that's going to change very much.

ETA: Here's the link to the Economist poll done just a few days ago. Scroll down to page 141 for the data I cited above: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/a849k68e2i/econTabReport.pdf

Last edited:
A poll from two days ago has Donald’s approval rating with African Americans at 14 percent. #flocking

More 2016 poll-dance bullshit from Dems who like to reassure one another by repeating such bullshit :)

Color me shocked the party of tolerance and inclusivity hasn't called Ms. Reid to the carpet to explain her divisive comments.

If any conservative talking head had done the same and blamed it on an "IP Glitch" it would be front page news on the NY Times and Washington Post.

And you’d defend him. So hypocrisy goes both ways.

And you’d defend him. So hypocrisy goes both ways.

Don't assume the Colonel is correct and give in on that BS -- Reid has been suspended by the Daily Beast and is getting lambasted by the left in the media. Meanwhile, the Republican party bases its platform on its homophobia.

Oh shit... not the Daily Beast. Nooooooo!!!!!

Please tell me Mother Jones isn't next!!!!!

Oh shit... not the Daily Beast. Nooooooo!!!!!

Please tell me Mother Jones isn't next!!!!!

She wrote a column there dumbshit. There are articles in the Washington Post and NY Times (and everywhere else) about it as well. She was stripped of an award from an LGBT group.

By nominating and electing better democrats. Certainly not by electing Trump.

Liberals: Elect more progressive candidates.

Also Liberals:

CONGRESSMAN STENY HOYER: Levi, I wanted to—obviously, I want to talk to you about this congressional race.

LEVI TILLEMANN: Absolutely. That’s what I expected.

CONGRESSMAN STENY HOYER: Yeah.

LEVI TILLEMANN: You would like me to get out of the race.

CONGRESSMAN STENY HOYER: And you keep saying I would like you to get out—and of course, that’s—that’s correct.

LEVI TILLEMANN: Yeah. I know you’re fundraising for Crow.

CONGRESSMAN STENY HOYER: Yeah. I’m for Crow. I am for Crow because a judgment was made very early on.

AMY GOODMAN: That muffled recording was Representative Steny Hoyer of Maryland, Nancy Pelosi’s number two. You can hear him in that recording saying “That’s correct” when Levi Tillemann asks him if he’d like him to get out of his primary race and that the decision to back his opponent was made early on. For more, we go to Denver to speak with Levi Tillemann, a candidate in Colorado’s Democratic primary for the 6th Congressional District, which includes Denver. He is featured in the new exposé by Lee Fang, investigative journalist at The Intercept, headlined Secretly Taped Audio Reveals Democratic Official Pressuring Progressive to Bow Out of Election. We welcome you both to Democracy Now! Levi Tillemann, explain when this meeting took place and exactly what you were told.

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/4/26/senior_democrat_caught_on_tape_pressuring

Progressivism is too spicy for, squints at paper, Denver?

Well, I certainly hope the unoppressed white dudes in CO exercise their agency and make sure a Republican wins so they can protect the oppressed and make sure the GOP keeps the House.

Back