• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

I don't know why that's so hard for people to grasp, especially since I posted a few weeks ago that those teams were typically Top 100 or at worst Top 150 before and after Bz.

Two points:

1. No, it's not too difficult to grasp. Everybody knows, and it does not need to be repeated over and over and over again. Repetition does not make it any truer.

2. Buzz was not a good recruiter earlier either. Yet, he's managed to put together a good Wake - top 20 - class. There is nothing chiseled in stone that says that his teams will never rebound well. Let's wait and see. Just as he has surprised some in improved recruiting, he may surprise some in team rebounding improvement.

I remain a BuzzWin, or Buzz wait and see, if you will. I really don't think repeating the same thing over and over again will make any difference or convince anyone not already convinced. It's just useless venting.

The reason it gets repeated so much is that people keep insisting that our poor offensive rebounding is personnel based when the historical facts strongly suggest that it is system based.

I have little doubt if you looked at coaches who have been head men those entire 7 years, that Bzdelick would rank DFL in overall offensive rebounding.

I don't give a shit...it was the type character Dino was bringing in and dino recruited those guys as well. He disciplined nobody.

You have a problem with Carson, CJ , Nikita or Travis?

The reason it gets repeated so much is that people keep insisting that our poor offensive rebounding is personnel based when the historical facts strongly suggest that it is system based.

I have little doubt if you looked at coaches who have been head men those entire 7 years, that Bzdelick would rank DFL in overall offensive rebounding.

Can't I acknowledge that all Bz's college teams have been terrible offensive rebounding teams while still saying we have terrible rebounding personnel? They aren't mutually exclusive. Regardless of the past do people really believe we have good rebounders on the team after watching some of our guys play?

Does not compute. NCSU usually has talent, unfortunately we had Sid at the helm for 5 years, I guess you are right if you consider what Hodge, Simmons, Hickson, and what Brown and Leslie are doing now disappearing....

I have no idea what these guys are doing now and I can't remember what they did at State, either.

Well, except Hodge. He got nutpunched and had the famous "when we hongray, we eat" line.

Other than that, those "good" players disappeared.

State hasn't had a memorable player since Corchiani and Monroe.

I have no idea what these guys are doing now and I can't remember what they did at State, either.

Well, except Hodge. He got nutpunched and had the famous "when we hongray, we eat" line.

Other than that, those "good" players disappeared.

State hasn't had a memorable player since Corchiani and Monroe.

Yea they disappeared into the first round of the NBA draft :plos: good one though.

And then he got shot in the ass in Denver on an "accidental" highway drive-by shooting

Yea they disappeared into the first round of the NBA draft :plos: good one though.

Where are they now?

Seriously. I don't follow NCSU players so unless they remain relevant, which they haven't (unless you count the article I just found about Hodge getting shot), I don't know a thing about what they are doing now. I don't remember any draft hype. I don't hear their names on NBA highlight shows.

So if Tyler Lewis has aspirations to be become a superstar, he picked the wrong school to attend. He will probably do okay at State, maybe even make an All-ACC team for a few years, but he will eventually be one of those "you remember that white kid that played for State a few years ago...you know, the guard...what's his name? I can't remember" guys. He will disappear because there will always be a better guard in chapel hell or derm.

He picked a basketball program that has lived in the shadow of dook and carowhina since the Valvano era. Poor choice.

And I'm not hating on the wuffies. It's just the truth.

I have to admit, I do remember one State player - Feggins- he was from WS (went to Glenn, I think, and played on a great team with another guy that went to State, Kevin Thompson? and maybe Rusty LaRue's brother).

Anyway...he got shot or was in a shooting or something. Never graduated from college.

He was a superstar in high school.

Went to state, played a little, got shot and disappeared.

Where are they now?

Seriously. I don't follow NCSU players so unless they remain relevant, which they haven't (unless you count the article I just found about Hodge getting shot), I don't know a thing about what they are doing now. I don't remember any draft hype. I don't hear their names on NBA highlight shows.

So if Tyler Lewis has aspirations to be become a superstar, he picked the wrong school to attend. He will probably do okay at State, maybe even make an All-ACC team for a few years, but he will eventually be one of those "you remember that white kid that played for State a few years ago...you know, the guard...what's his name? I can't remember" guys. He will disappear because there will always be a better guard in chapel hell or derm.

He picked a basketball program that has lived in the shadow of dook and carowhina since the Valvano era. Poor choice.

And I'm not hating on the wuffies. It's just the truth.

I got ya, and i'm not trying to be confrontational or anything. Hickson was the probably the best player for the Cavs last season (obviously nothing special) and Simmons and Hodge are now out of the League. I can see how a Wake fan that doesn't sound to follow other schools much can say players go to die at NCSU given the the fact that WF's good players have all been stars (CP3, Duncan, Howard, Teague, JJ to an extent) but most schools don't enjoy the success rates that WF has had in the NBA. If you pay attention to ACC bball the names Simmons, Hickson, Hodge, Costner, and now Brown and Leslie should all be recognized. Lewis chose NCSU IMO because he knows he's at his best with other good offensive players, and Gottfried is certainly bringing those in with Warren and Purvis. It will allow him to play and improve to the best of his abilities. Tyler doesn't strike me as the player who is very "me" centered.

I watched the game. I was not overly impressed. I have never been overly impressed with Coach Smith either. Neither Dino or Buzz offered. Lewis has to develop an outside shot.

Well, you are wrong about Dino and Buzz they both offered.

I watched the game. I was not overly impressed. I have never been overly impressed with Coach Smith either. Neither Dino or Buzz offered. Lewis has to develop an outside shot.

They both most certainly offered Tyler Lewis.

They both most certainly offered Tyler Lewis.

Wasn't coming here, ever.

Coach Craig Dawson did wonders with Tyler's game and brought him to the ACC level. The kid is another John Stockton--Steve Nash in the making.

NC State has them a great one & UNC/Duke will wish they had offered.

There is a difference in saying he wasn't ever coming here and saying he wasn't offered.

I heard first hand that he would have liked to have come here. So unless if you have a recording of his father or Tyler himself saying he would not have then I am not going to believe you.

Back