• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

Well I'd say it has more to do with Nikita spending more time at the 4 versus Travis spending more time at the 3. That would explain both the offensive and defensive drops.

Nikita has gone from a 5.8% OR from last year to 2.0% OR this year. If your theory were correct then Nikita would have improved on the offensive rebounding end as well. Defensively speaking, Travis has likely not grabbed as many rebounds because of the increased production of CD and Nikita, as well as the fact that he is getting back on the offensive end when a shot is missed.

Nikita has gone from a 5.8% OR from last year to 2.0% OR this year. If your theory were correct then Nikita would have improved on the offensive rebounding end as well. Defensively speaking, Travis has likely not grabbed as many rebounds because of the increased production of CD and Nikita, as well as the fact that he is getting back on the offensive end when a shot is missed.

Well it is clear the entire team is struggling rebounding the ball this year on both sides. But the fact remains there are teams that run similar systems that aren't bad rebounding teams, especially offensively. Georgetown, Wisconsin, WVU to name a few from a prior thread.

In a vacuum, with no system, do you believe on our team we have more than 1 above average rebounder for their position?

Well it is clear the entire team is struggling rebounding the ball this year on both sides. But the fact remains there are teams that run similar systems that aren't bad rebounding teams, especially offensively. Georgetown, Wisconsin, WVU to name a few from a prior thread.

In a vacuum, with no system, do you believe on our team we have more than 1 above average rebounder for their position?

I would say that Travis and CJ (if they play the 3 and 1 respectively) are both above average rebounders for their position.

I will give you CJ, although I probably should have limited the question to the 3-4-5 as guard rebounding isn't going to make a significant impact.

I don't think we will ever be very good offensive rebounding team with this system, no. I do think though we have a terrible rebounding personnel, and that if we did have bangers we would not be running 5-out all the time. It is not hard to switch to a 4-1 if we have the requisite banger.

Anyone know of a link that shows where we are as far as rebounding and what teams are ahead of us and which teams are worse?

Anyone know of a link that shows where we are as far as rebounding and what teams are ahead of us and which teams are worse?

Do you want raw RPG numbers, or numbers that are based on percentages (i.e # of rebounds that a team gets out of x chances)?

Do you want raw RPG numbers, or numbers that are based on percentages (i.e # of rebounds that a team gets out of x chances)?

LOL! You're a stats monster. :thumbsup: Raw numbers are fine. Really, I just was curious what good teams are out there that are worse than us when it comes to rebounding. I don't need a link. Just tell me which good teams are worse than us. I'm sure there have to be at least a few.

It's not until he has played 10% of their teams minutes.

- Overall average height is computed by taking the average listed height of every player on the team, weighted by minutes played. Players that have played less than 10% of their team’s minutes are not included.

We have 4 players that are taller than 6-3" and one is Daniel Green who has played 8 min/ game in the games he's played. Only one guy that is taller than 6'8" who plays meaningful minutes. I dispute that this is 50th or whatever in the country.

LOL! You're a stats monster. :thumbsup: Raw numbers are fine. Really, I just was curious what good teams are out there that are worse than us when it comes to rebounding. I don't need a link. Just tell me which good teams are worse than us. I'm sure there have to be at least a few.

I'm going to use percentage based numbers if you don't mind because they are more reliable/indicative of actual on-court performance than just ORPG/DRPG due to tempo.

Offensive Rebounding % (335th in the country)- LOL there are no good teams behind us...here are the 10:

Nicholls St.
South Dakota
UC Davis
SIU Edwardsville
NJ Inst of Technology
Evansville
Southern
Brown
Denver
Nebraska Omaha

Defensive Rebounding % (180th in the country)- Good teams behind us include:

Alabama
Baylor
Dayton
Oregon St
Kansas St
FSU
Richmond
Middle Tennessee
Providence
Memphis
Connecticut
Marquette
VT
UCLA

All those are top 80 KenPom teams aside from Richmond (82).

As I'm sure 27 will agree; the $19.95/year to subscribe to KenPom's service is a bargain.

As I'm sure 27 will agree; the $19.95/year to subscribe to KenPom's service is a bargain.

Absolutely...and I know people make fun of KenPom/negrep me for it, but if anybody ever wants a stat from it I can look it up. It's an invaluable resource for college basketball junkies that wants actual stats instead of just going on name alone.

Last edited:
Wait, so what does all of this have to do with Tyler Lewis? Is he some kind of OReb% monster, and I never knew?

Wait, so what does all of this have to do with Tyler Lewis? Is he some kind of OReb% monster, and I never knew?

Dude haven't you figured out that every thread is an extension of BuzzIn and BuzzOut? It's the way of the new boards.

I may be in the minority - but I think our season last year was a "major embarrassment" for our program and I'm not feeling much better about this year. I'm also not sure about this "CODE" thing - seems to me that some of the biggest issues (JTT, MT, + TW) all occurred under the watch of General [Redacted].

Yep, last year hit rock bottom -- as [Redacted] has explained "I had to do more off the court work last year than actually teaching basketball."

So, you are right, the last straws for those guys came under [Redacted] largely because Dino did nothing during his time.

Since this is Bzzzz's 7th straight team that has ranked 300th or worse in oreb%, I will contend that a pattern has emerged.

Yep, last year hit rock bottom -- as [Redacted] has explained "I had to do more off the court work last year than actually teaching basketball."

So, you are right, the last straws for those guys came under [Redacted] largely because Dino did nothing during his time.

Terrell and Tabb were high school seniors when Gaudio was fired but carry on.

Since this is Bzzzz's 7th straight team that has ranked 300th or worse in oreb%, I will contend that a pattern has emerged.

I don't know why that's so hard for people to grasp, especially since I posted a few weeks ago that those teams were typically Top 100 or at worst Top 150 before and after Bz.

Terrell and Tabb were high school seniors when Gaudio was fired but carry on.

I don't give a shit...it was the type character Dino was bringing in and dino recruited those guys as well. He disciplined nobody.

Based on the results, General [Redacted]'s "work" both on and OFF the court has been pretty much worthless.

Isn't it kind of weird how much interest Lectro has taken in Wake basketball when merely a few years ago he was telling everybody that Wake should de-emphasize basketball because there is no way we can compete with the other schools in NC.

Back