• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

Tyler Lewis reminds you of one of the NBA's top 10 PGs of all time? Jesus Christ.

I watched him play last week. He's going to be a good college player, that's it.

He's white and plays PG. Anyone fitting these two requirements with be Steve Nash for the next decade.

Buzz deserves to be bashed. He has not done one thing to connect with fans, media, students, etc. He has no personality and, in my opinion is a lousy fit for our head coaching position. He is willing to throw his past and current players under the bus to deflect his ineptness.

Bash Buzz if you like, but don't pretend to start a thread to talk about a player, just to bash the coach.

Evaluating HS players is not that easy and people, especially amateurs, are wrong more than they are right. I remember one of the well known posters here saying that Shavlik Randolph would be like the greatest player in history after watching one of his HS games. You just never know.

I think Lewis will be a good college player but he will have limitations at the next level. He will make some spectacular plays and I am sure there will be nights when we wish we had him (probably when he plays against us). But, I will be surprised if he turns out significantly better, overall, than CMM.

Again, I will likely be wrong. Heck, they could both turn out to be busts...

I think we have a really solid class signed for next year and recruiting is not the area on which to bash Buzz at the moment. You hit on my biggest hurdle with him - his seeming lack of personality when dealing with the public, his lack of charisma, and the fact that he hasn't done a lot to connect with the student body or the fan base. It is probably too late, but maybe he can learn...

Buzz did go into the pit numerous times last year and mingled with students. I remember him delivering krispy kreme to students during finals in ZSR as well. FWIW

Chris Paul says hi.

Nash is deadly from the 3 and has deep, deep range. Lewis is a liability from beyond the arc. You would not make this comparison if they both were not white.

naw if it were because he's white i'd just say he plays like kirk hinrich. the whitest of white pgs.

Lewis is a great player but so is CMM. Both have pluses and minuses and will both be really good PG's in the ACC. Both teams will be happy with the guys we have coming on board. And Tyler has really improved his shot, he's certainly not a liability from 3 point land.

Deke 73, take your Bzzout to another thread, there are plenty of others. Leave this to talking about how well Tyler Lewis played and compare him to CMM all you want.

IIRC, Dino offered Tyler a couple days before Ron called him into his office and axed him.

[Redacted] did, in fact, drop the ball on this by not listening to Rusty. That's simply a fact. He recovered nicely with CMM.

Time will tell about both players.

Dude reminds me of Steve Nash so much. On offense and defense. Make of that what you will.

I can't believe yall let him get out of Winston down to Raleigh. But then again it seems like that for most elite Winston players.

lol

WAT

In recent memory, Wake has landed the most prominent players from Winston. Josh Howard, Chris Paul and CJ Harris.

What do Chris Paul and Tyler Lewis have in common? Just the fact that they both play PG, because Lewis is NOT FROM WINSTON. (but of course I wouldn't expect a Tar Hole who is known for saying stupid shit to know this)

and you can criticize [Redacted] for many things, but recruiting in the 2012 class is not one of them. [Redacted] let Lewis slip away (sure), but he more than recovered for it with landing CMM.

CMM is more of a scoring PG, whereas T Lewis is more of a distributor. [Redacted] got the one he favored of the two.

Time will tell if he was correct or not. I think both schools will be very happy with the player they each got, personally.

CMM is more of a scoring PG, whereas T Lewis is more of a distributor. [Redacted] got the one he favored of the two.

Time will tell if he was correct or not. I think both schools will be very happy with the player they each got, personally.

+1 well said sir

He's going to NC State.

Horrendous decision-making ability doesn't usually make for great point guards.

start at point for Oak Hill against the #2 ranked high school team. He played a phenomenal all-around game with constant accolades from the announces. Oak Hill's coach said Tyler is one of best 2 passers to ever play for Oak Hill. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Tyler is from Winston-Salem and played for both Rusty LaRue adn Craig Dawson at Forsyth Country Day. It is my recollection that Tyler received a verbal to play for Wake while Dino was head coach and he appeared headed to be a Deac. This young man is a can't miss point guard and will become an immediate fan favorite. But when Jeff [Redacted] became head coach, he withdrew the verbal and wanted to evaluate Lewis on his own, in spite of Rusty's confidence in his previous point guard. This evaluation took an extended period of time, but by the time he finally decided to re-issue the verbal, Tyler was rightfully agitated and disenchanted and committed to NC State. Here was a local point guard good enough to start at point for one of the best high school teams in the country. He could have been our commitment, but our esteemed head coach let him get away. I have felt like [Redacted] was a bad hire from the beginning and I have seen nothing whatsoever to even begin to change my mind.

Maybe they know something you don't?

Maybe they know something you don't?

Dino offered a scholarship, presumably taking into account LaRue's feedback.

There shouldn't be much doubt that we could have had Tyler if [Redacted] hadn't snubbed him for a good 3-4 months.

Regardless, I am happy with the result and hope that CMM and Tyler are great players for the Deacs and the Pack respectively and beat the evil ones in blue many times over.

This was the first time I have seen him play other than on a bunch of youtube clips. From what I saw I think he has great vision and can find the open man anywhere on the court. Unfortunately, if he came to Wake I am not sure we have enough shooters to take advantage of that skill. Not sure if he really fits Buzz's scheme.

In this game, Tyler appeared to try and take over the game in the second half. In my opinion he will need to get a bit stronger to be able to get into the lane and finish like he did (not always successfully) last night.

However, if I was a fellow recruit, it sure would be fun to play with him.

I think Lewis is going to have a very difficult time guarding in college. And CMM is much bigger, stronger and more physical than Tyler. He will be able to exploit that when they play each other.

Back