• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

Buzz deserves to be bashed. He has not done one thing to connect with fans, media, students, etc. He has no personality and, in my opinion is a lousy fit for our head coaching position. He is willing to throw his past and current players under the bus to deflect his ineptness.

Appears Bz did err on this one, but we will have to wait until next year to see how good Lewis is in the ACC.

CMM is more of a scoring PG, whereas T Lewis is more of a distributor. [Redacted] got the one he favored of the two.

Time will tell if he was correct or not. I think both schools will be very happy with the player they each got, personally.

Way, way too rational a post to be considered by some. I'd love to have T Lewis, but to think that he is obviously a better option than CMM just seems irrational. My guess is they will both be well-loved by their respective fan bases.

Buzz deserves to be bashed. He has not done one thing to connect with fans, media, students, etc. He has no personality and, in my opinion is a lousy fit for our head coaching position. He is willing to throw his past and current players under the bus to deflect his ineptness.

What a load of horseshit. The guy is a 'foundation type" -- you can't 'speak it' but he's only here for 5 years and then Wellman makes a legacy hire (his own legacy). [Redacted] was the right fit for a program that had lost its light -- a freewheeling man for all seasons who dropped dead... Now pay attention -- the guy that replaced him was a 'good lieutenant" but did not have either the ability or the fortitude to tell his kids that they were fucking up and playing one on one basketball. The kids ran the program and the coach lacked discipline on and off the court. Now then, at the 2 schools down the road you can roll out AAU talent but never - ever is a ballplayer bigger than the program and you see it when the coach at either university takes a star to the side and chews him out for all to see. Those guys are coaches. Dino was no fucking coach. He was a poor baby-sitter and when you came home you found out that the kids were all outside and a couple of them were peddaling weed and enrolled in a thug program for minors. That last program -- sans Skip who would jerk a knot in yer ass if you f'ked up-- was headed for some major embarrassment which is what happens when you have no CODE.

That's all Jeff is...he's no world beater or one hit wonder...he is a CODE guy...the guy in the military who they send in to instill discipline in a troop gone off the rails. He is here to do a job and then make way...

Neg Rep the Hell out of me...who gives a shit, but I guaran-damn-tee that the 'alleged incident' with the girl in the band would have become the norm as long as that previous coach remained seated on his hands.

That's all Jeff is...he's no world beater or one hit wonder...he is a CODE guy...the guy in the military who they send in to instill discipline in a troop gone off the rails. He is here to do a job and then make way...

[Redacted] the drill sergeant? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can somewhat get behind and understand what you're saying, but to compare Bzzz to a military discipline type? Surely there's a better comparison? Maybe the dorky principal that the teacher brings into the classroom to settle students down because they know they might get suspended and in trouble with their parents?

Last edited:
Watched the kid play and I think we will wish we had him. But this is just another thing to file away. If Lewis is good and CMM is a bust then Buz blew it big time. As with all things Buz, only time will tell

What a load of horseshit. The guy is a 'foundation type" -- you can't 'speak it' but he's only here for 5 years and then Wellman makes a legacy hire (his own legacy). [Redacted] was the right fit for a program that had lost its light -- a freewheeling man for all seasons who dropped dead... Now pay attention -- the guy that replaced him was a 'good lieutenant" but did not have either the ability or the fortitude to tell his kids that they were fucking up and playing one on one basketball. The kids ran the program and the coach lacked discipline on and off the court. Now then, at the 2 schools down the road you can roll out AAU talent but never - ever is a ballplayer bigger than the program and you see it when the coach at either university takes a star to the side and chews him out for all to see. Those guys are coaches. Dino was no fucking coach. He was a poor baby-sitter and when you came home you found out that the kids were all outside and a couple of them were peddaling weed and enrolled in a thug program for minors. That last program -- sans Skip who would jerk a knot in yer ass if you f'ked up-- was headed for some major embarrassment which is what happens when you have no CODE.

Neg Rep the Hell out of me...who gives a shit, but I guaran-damn-tee that the 'alleged incident' with the girl in the band would have become the norm as long as that previous coach remained seated on his hands.

This should be required reading for all the Buzz-outers and the fringe idiots who want to fire Wellman.

This should be required reading for all the Buzz-outers and the fringe idiots who want to fire Wellman.

I read it...still not convinced. We could have made a much better hire of someone who could both instill discipline and actually coach winning basketball.

Thank you, Omar Little.

Also - ask the actual military peeps at Air Force how they feel about their dearly departed coach. You know, the one that exited as gracefully as a drunk hyena.

I'll be disappointed if CMM isn't a better college player than Lewis. Size will be a major disadvantage for Lewis in the ACC and he's going to be 19 by the time he graduates high school so he's unlikely to get much bigger. He'll benefit from playing alongside the talent Gottfried is bringing in though.

I'll be disappointed if CMM isn't a better college player than Lewis. Size will be a major disadvantage for Lewis in the ACC and he's going to be 19 by the time he graduates high school so he's unlikely to get much bigger. He'll benefit from playing alongside the talent Gottfried is bringing in though.

They are much different players. Kinda like comparing Kendall Marshall to Jeff Teague. And Lewis is a big reason that Gottfried has been able to sign that talent. Much like Ish did for James Johnson, Aminu and TWoods.

Thank you, Omar Little.

Also - ask the actual military peeps at Air Force how they feel about their dearly departed coach. You know, the one that exited as gracefully as a drunk hyena.

Was that exit from Air Force part of the CODE?

When Disco Dan said that the Wake fan base treats every game as a referendum on Buzz, he was greatly underestimating the situation. Every basketball thread, and then some, turns into a referendum on Buzz.

I think we will be happy with CMM.

Good players go to NCSU and disappear. I think Lewis made a mistake.

The idea of "foundation hire" is really just a bunch of bull. Who the hell hires a coach that they won't think will be the long term answer and then will have a general worse public perception of the job when the 2nd hire has to be made?

Tyler and Codi are great friends off the court and work out together. Both will do well.

Back