• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

You're completely making things up.

WTFK do you know...

You bring in people who are not really interested in anything but a stepping stone to the NBA and you get the attitude of "Suck it, bitch" -- that's exactly where you were headed... morning grill sessions with Matt Fuggin' Lauer.

WTFK do you know...

You bring in people who are not really interested in anything but a stepping stone to the NBA and you get the attitude of "Suck it, bitch" -- that's exactly where you were headed... morning grill sessions with Matt Fuggin' Lauer.

And of course the incredible irony of this post is that the athlete implicated in that matter was in no way a stepping stone to the NBA guy.

WTFK do you know...

What does that have to do with you making things up about a supposed gulf in the student body?

Good players go to NCSU and disappear. I think Lewis made a mistake.

Does not compute. NCSU usually has talent, unfortunately we had Sid at the helm for 5 years, I guess you are right if you consider what Hodge, Simmons, Hickson, and what Brown and Leslie are doing now disappearing....

Last edited:
The idea of "foundation hire" is really just a bunch of bull. Who the hell hires a coach that they won't think will be the long term answer and then will have a general worse public perception of the job when the 2nd hire has to be made?

When the program is in such bad shape no one else wants to take it on. Other coaches arent idiots and saw what WF had on the roster at the time of the Dino firing.

Does not compute. NCSU usually has talent, unfortunately we had Sid at the helm for 5 years, I guess you are right if you consider what Hodge, Simmons, Hickson, and what Brown and Leslie are doing now disappearing....

I agree with KVegas. Like Lane Kiffin said, if you want to be pumping gas for the rest of your life, play football for South Carolina...I think the same may hold true for NC State hoops, sadly.

When the program is in such bad shape no one else wants to take it on. Other coaches arent idiots and saw what WF had on the roster at the time of the Dino firing.

So much revisionist history has taken place since Bzz was hired. :rolleyes:

If Bz leaves us with a bubble NIT team or even an NIT team, that's a worse perception than when he started. You can't compare Colorado pre-Bz and Wake pre-Bz. That's ridiculous.

Compared to the state of the program when he took over thats a hell of an improvement.

So much revisionist history has taken place since Bzz was hired. :rolleyes:

If Dino is kept one more year all anyone would talk about is how he ran a really good program into the ground. Bzz is still cleaning up that mess.

Thats your opinion. Just because you repeat something twice doesnt exactly make me agree with you :plos:

i'm fine agreeing to disagree.

Last edited:
Thats tour opinion. Just because you repeat something twice doesnt exactly make me agree with you :plos:

i'm fine agreeing to disagree.

So, to clear up what we're agreeing to disagree on, you are claiming that you knew the program was headed into the ground before Dino was fired?

Nevermind the knot-heads -- racerdeac can't understand that discipline is not necessarily the screaming type... He also can't understand that the discipline at WF had entirely eroded (the reason Gaudio was fired) and that without a stabilizing figure the program was heading toward public embarrassment... I don't know what it would have been but there was a gulf forming between the student body and the basketball athletes and that never works out well.

Just get the Greensboro paper this morning and see the pic of Buzz and Daniel Green. Buzz is in his face and has his hand pressed against Green's chest. Dino never fuckin disciplined anybody.

The gap isn't any larger than it was when Josh Howard was here.

There are many jobs where there is less talent than a borderline top 10 recruiting class already committed to the school.

There is a bunch of revisionist history going down.

It's not the actual state of the program Dino left, it's the hypothetical state of the program Dino left.

If Dino is kept one more year all anyone would talk about is how he ran a really good program into the ground. Bzz is still cleaning up that mess.

Right. It was such a mess Wellman signed him to a new contract, right before he turned around and fired him. I've been told by the Wellman supporters that he did that because he wanted to make sure we got the guys Dino was recruiting- the guys that the Wellman supporters now repeatedly tell us are the reason we can't fairly evaluate Bz because they're awful, bad apples, etc.

Back