• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Justin Gray ('06) Named Head Coach at Coastal Carolina

If the idea is that WF should just devote all of its NIL resources to men's basketball (or to football), that never going to happen. So, it's a dumb conversation. There are mega donors that will support each sport (FWIW, baseball has some of its own as well, as does men's and women's golf). So, Mit Shah will not pull the plug on his support of the basketball program (nor should he) and the McCreary family is not about to drop out of supporting the football program). Don't agree with DR on many things, but do agree that if you want to delve into supporting NIL for WF and you particularly want to support a particular WF program, do that, but never try to dissuade others from supporting the programs of their choice either.

WCU up on Furman by 6 with 5:25 left on ESPNU.

Western wins it to move to 21-9 but only 10-7 in Socon which is good for 4th. Southern conference is pretty rugged this year and tourney in Asheville next week should be entertaining.

Western went down in Overtime in the quarterfinals of the SoCon tournament to the Fightin’ Whitts of Furman. Finished their season at 22-10

Western went down in Overtime in the quarterfinals of the SoCon tournament to the Fightin’ Whitts of Furman. Finished their season at 22-10

Watched it on TV. It was a highly entertaining game. The SoCon tournament when played in Asheville is one of the best environments around. Smallish arena with a low ceiling that gets deafeningly loud. And you have the added bonus of it being a true “win and you’re in” event, which makes things crushingly tense. Every time I have gone, I have thought about how those old ACC Tournaments in Greensboro must have been when only the champion made it to the NCAAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray was going to lose a bunch of his production at WC. It’s a good time to move on.

Some still believe you must go from 1 bid league to mid major before heading the p5.

If that old school path is still correct, Justin achieved all he could at WCU. Movin on up.

Wife and kids will appreciate the beach more than Cullowhee. For those that don’t know Justin well, he is a very loyal Demon Deacon. He enjoys a good spat with me on our arena and future. This is someone this group should really be pulling for.

Last edited:
Some still believe you must go from 1 bid league to mid major before heading the p5.

If that old school path is still correct, Justin achieved all he could at WCU. Movin on up.

Wife and kids will appreciate the beach more than Cullowhee. For those that don’t know Justin well, he is a very loyal Demon Deacon. He enjoys a good spat with me on our arena and future. This is someone this group should really be pulling for.
Even when you’re saying something we all agree with, it’s condescending.

Didn’t someone on here say WCU had a strong shot to win the socon because the tournament was in Asheville? They lost their first game and were eliminated. Asheville didn’t help them

I get the move for Gray but I think my wife would leave me if I suggested we live in Conway instead of Cullowhee.

Back