• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

I took it to be a comparison between talent, ability, and pro potential. In that respect, it’s a very good comparison.

I took it to be a comparison between talent, ability, and pro potential. In that respect, it’s a very good comparison.

Yes. Meant ability. Not intending any slight to Carney or Clawson. Walker just looks like he is something really special.

Walker got 0 carries against Utah State. He got 9 (for 125 yards thanks to that 96 yarder) against Rice. 13 against UNC (94 yards) in a game where CBS had 15 (51 yards). And then today, he had 9 carries and CBS had 3. I think after this game, we might see an OR between the two on the depth chart. Carney is still the best of the three in my opinion, but he and Walker are different types of backs and compliment each other well. Most importantly, they're both incredibly difficult to tackle. CBS should still get significant playing time, but it should be focused on the passing game and not the running game. He'd be a good 3rd down back.

KW3 has great feet when running in the hole. He can cut and burst into the open as well as any back in the ACC.

Yes. Meant ability. Not intending any slight to Carney or Clawson. Walker just looks like he is something really special.

Yeah. Perfectly fair comparison. Good senior vs. potentially great freshman.

Walker has 308 yards on 31 carries in three games. That’s fantastic. That’s almost 10 yards per carry.

His longest carries in each were 96, 21, and 23 yards. That’s stunning considering he got 9, 13, and 9 carries. He’s due an explosive play every 8-9 carries or so.

Even if you take out his longest longest carry in each game he had 168 yards in 28 carries. That’s still 6 yards a carry.

Amazing.

Last edited:
The kid who signed from East Forsyth HS (same HS CBS played) - between the tackles runner or more of a speed/shifty back?

Ahmani Marshall- 6’0, 205 out of East Forsyth.

He’s a monster, freakishly strong, very good between the tackles, fast- hard to take down and hard to catch once he gets loose.

He’s graduating in December and will enroll in January. I assume he’ll redshirt. He’s a nice pickup for Clawson and the future of our running game is exciting. This kid could be special.

Interestingly, his dad was a UNC RB and played for Mack Brown in the early 90s. Everyone thought UNC was a lock once for Ahmani once they hired Mack. I was told Ahmani went to a UNC camp and left with zero interest in playing for Brown.

Walker seems to fit the slow read option better than Beal-Smith. He finds the holes better and bursts through them when he does. Beal-Smith seems to get stuck in traffic around or behind the LOS too often.

They also have a 4* wr that would be a nice addition to the 21 class

Micah Crowell. 6’2, 205. He’s been hurt all season but he is very, very good.

Apparently he received an offer from Syracuse (?) last night. He would be a nice addition to the WF roster.

Walker got 0 carries against Utah State. He got 9 (for 125 yards thanks to that 96 yarder) against Rice. 13 against UNC (94 yards) in a game where CBS had 15 (51 yards). And then today, he had 9 carries and CBS had 3. I think after this game, we might see an OR between the two on the depth chart. Carney is still the best of the three in my opinion, but he and Walker are different types of backs and compliment each other well. Most importantly, they're both incredibly difficult to tackle. CBS should still get significant playing time, but it should be focused on the passing game and not the running game. He'd be a good 3rd down back.

This.

CBS is a good receiving RB. He can catch the football. He’s not the back you want trying to run it up the middle between tackles but he’s the back you want in to throw a nasty block off ball.

Ahmani Marshall- 6’0, 205 out of East Forsyth.

He’s a monster, freakishly strong, very good between the tackles, fast- hard to take down and hard to catch once he gets loose.

He’s graduating in December and will enroll in January. I assume he’ll redshirt. He’s a nice pickup for Clawson and the future of our running game is exciting. This kid could be special.

Interestingly, his dad was a UNC RB and played for Mack Brown in the early 90s. Everyone thought UNC was a lock once for Ahmani once they hired Mack. I was told Ahmani went to a UNC camp and left with zero interest in playing for Brown.

I think East Forsyth also has a good guard ... any chance that WF is getting interest from?

I agree Walker needs more touches, but it is kind of nice that rotating them keeps them all fresh.

I think East Forsyth also has a good guard ... any chance that WF is getting interest from?

Jaden Lindsay. I don’t think we’ve offered yet. He’s a 3-star, big, agile kid.

Clawson & staff have developed a very good relationship with local HS coaches and players so we always have a chance with those kids.

i would also like to see walker take the KRs. he’s already on that unit (he fielded one) and CBS has been underwhelming there

Spoke to a family member at Marshall's hat picking ceremony and he said that the UNC coaches disrespected dad and he didn't like them. I

Last edited:
Micah Crowell. 6’2, 205. He’s been hurt all season but he is very, very good.

Apparently he received an offer from Syracuse (?) last night. He would be a nice addition to the WF roster.

Yes seems to like the holes hope we can get him

Spoke to a family member at Marshall's hat picking ceremony and he said that the UNC coaches disrespected dad and he didn't like them. I

Wow. I can’t imagine anyone disrespecting Malcolm.

I take that back. I can’t imagine anyone except a cocky tarhole disrespecting Malcolm.

I’m glad Ahmani and the Marshall family are part of the Deacon family. Too bad for Slack Mack and his staff of cheaters, they missed out big time.

KW3 is not only shifty but also covering ground faster than he appears to be. I think that is because he seems to run so effortlessly, seeming almost to glide.

+1 Carney isn’t stunting Walker’s growth like Thomas did with Collins. It’s clear that we can have two running backs split time and carries very well.

We should definitely be splitting time at RB. Better to keep them fresh and healthy. Also, to change things up. Our RBs have very different styles.

Back