• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

We should definitely be splitting time at RB. Better to keep them fresh and healthy. Also, to change things up. Our RBs have very different styles.

Yes to rotating backs. Carney just runs people over. Walker has that uncanny ability to step away from would be tacklers. CBS seems really good at finding blitzers and running away from people.

Last two weeks only:

More impressive than I remembered, actually. Patience + shiftiness. Matt Colborn in Year 4 in the system, maybe shiftier.

I'll say it again, he's the most impressive young back we've had since Barclay. I know that's high praise.

Walker is an amazing back in the RPO. I trust Claw to get him on the field.

I'll say it again, he's the most impressive young back we've had since Barclay. I know that's high praise.

Barclay's my favorite football Deac of all time and you're right. In a few weeks, Walker may surpass Barclay's freshman campaign.

FWIW, Barclay is in his 3rd year as the RB coach for Purdue.

He started as a grad assistant at WF in 2011 (after his pro career in the NFL, NFL Europe and USFL)
RB Coach at William and Mary 2012-13.
RB Coach at Marshall 2014-5
RB at WKU 2016
RB Coach at Purdue 2017.

Perhaps, his coaching travels may bring him back to WF at some point. Huge Barclay fan.

Here is Barclay's Purdue profile: https://purduesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=882

KW3 can accelerate in the hole as well as anybody. He'll then twist his body to not take a direct hit and get 2 more before he hit the ground. He wasn't highly rated as others and is more productive than most. The Rice guys would have caught him from behind if he didn't change direction at about the 20 yd line. That's hard to teach to a guy who has been on campus for 6 weeks.

ESPN true freshman all-american team: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ootball-true-freshman-all-america-team-week-4

"Walker leads all true freshmen running backs in rushing yards (310) in Wake's three games. He has led Wake in rushing all three games and has two touchdowns in his young career. One of those touchdowns came against Rice on a 96-yard run, which is the longest run for a score in program history."

would not mind 20 touches for kw3 today, hopefully including some receptions and kick returns

Gash and bash. Walker gets us up early with some big runs. Carney runs hard to seal the game and keeps Dillon off the field.

KWIII is so good in tight spaces. Seemed like 1/4 of those runs originated in a backfield that was already full of defenders. What a player.

KWIII is so good in tight spaces. Seemed like 1/4 of those runs originated in a backfield that was already full of defenders. What a player.

Have to get Walker touches. And CBS has to block better. Got run over for bad sack.

Why no touches yet for Walker? Saving him for second half (but why) hopefully.

Ridiculous for him to get no carries. Yeah, CBS broke one, but not to give Walker any carries is unexplainable. Probably some kind of crap about it being the first road ACC game. Don’t understand it!

Back