• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Ummmm... it was Gerrard's awful backwards header that put Suarez through! I'd say he was directly victimized on that winning goal by Suarez.

I can see we're back to you being contemptuous and generally terrible and seeing what you want to see. I guess a misplaced header in midfield means the center backs are ok just having completely let him go and Hart having done a poor job of goalkeeping.

But really my point was that Suarez didn't put the ball past any Liverpool players, so no one will have that mental image to get out of their heads, or feeling like they were directly disrespected somehow by his post-game (not that I think that's really going to be a problem) -- of course they don't really have any English center backs, and after that performance hard to see where you'd want them to have any that were on the squad.

So...whatever.

The CBs and Hart were clearly at fault too, but Gerrard fucked up that header and presented the danger in the first place. He shares some of the blame, and therefore, some of the "victimization" (your word) of that goal. That is undeniable.

seeing what you want to see.

LOL

If I was seeing what I wanted to see, I wouldn't be so forthright about Danny Welbeck being poor in England's two matches so far.

You on the other hand? I'll just quote myself...

You spoke on the last page about wanting to have a honest discussion, but it is clear that you only want to praise Liverpool players, ignoring where they failed, and throw the blame on everyone else. Just utterly pointless to look at football like that, IMO.

Not the Liverpool's players' fault. Rooney's fault. Hodgson's fault.

You spoke on the last page about wanting to have a honest discussion, but it is clear that you only want to praise Liverpool players, ignoring where they failed, and throw the blame on everyone else. Just utterly pointless to look at football like that, IMO.

Rooney was England's best player yesterday, and by some distance.

That's just crazy talk. He missed two golden opportunities for goals and the one he did finish, well, he could hardly have missed.
Luis Suarez would have had a hat trick given the chances that were created for Rooney. Bottom line.

That being the case, you cannot say he played well.

I would have liked to see him in Welbeck's spot and put Wilshere in at Henderson's spot

Henderson wouldn't work on the left I don't think. And him being a winger at all didn't go well under Kenny. Hence the diamond thought with Barkley on the left. Seems the best way to avoid all the forced fits Woy was trying to make.

Really he should have just copied Rodgers down to the ground in attack...how are you gonna do better than that with most of your attacking force being LFC players? Rooney isn't Suarez but no one is. Still could have played the role. And as it turned out England's defense was leaky just like LFC's was.

hahaha rooney won man of the match over suarez!

For the record, I disagree with that from whoscored.

But those MOTM awards are given out purely on a statistical algorithm basis with no human bias. The match ratings are based off of Opta statistics.

hahaha rooney won man of the match over suarez!

Srsly? Per who? LOL what a joke.

I'm guessing Luis will take the win. Man, that's just funny.

Here's hoping the Liverpool players didn't listen to a word Woy said and don't have anything to unlearn when they get back to business.

Suarez was basically just a poacher yesterday, but he got the goals to win, and that is what matters at the end of the day.

His game other than the goals though, was quite ordinary. Tried to beat a man 3 times, never succeeded. Only 16/25 passes completed. 0/11 crosses completed. Tried a thruball once, failed; tried a long ball once, failed. Offside twice and committed 3 fouls.

So, as I said, basically a poacher's game from him. Which is still good since he got the two goals and was coming off a knee injury. Fucking impressive he lasted nearly the full 90.

For the record, I disagree with that from whoscored.

But those MOTM awards are given out purely on a statistical algorithm basis with no human bias. The match ratings are based off of Opta statistics.

Do those statistics know that he should have had a hat trick? That he had three goals waiting to be taken and only got 1? That he offered no help in stemming attacks? If stats were all that mattered in evaluating players, Damien Comolli wouldn't have been a failure. But they're not.

His game other than the goals though, was quite ordinary.

"Other than winning the game for him, he really didn't do much."

You're a joke. You didn't even think he could sustain the first tackle and would be out at half.

We saw what Uruguay is without him, and what they are with him. Obviously, however ordinary he may or may not be, he makes one helluva difference.

Do those statistics know that he should have had a hat trick? That he had three goals waiting to be taken and only got 1? That he offered no help in stemming attacks? If stats were all that mattered in evaluating players, Damien Comolli wouldn't have been a failure. But they're not.

It goes down at 4 shots, 2 on target, 1 goal for Rooney.
And I'll address Rooney's misses. First one was his free kick that went just wide. A good effort, just didn't bend enough. 2nd one was the header off the bar; I'm sure Rooney wishes he were taller because it hit off the top-right side of his head. He just couldn't get over it to keep it down. 3rd one was his left-footed shot that Muslera made a great save on. Credit to the keeper. 4th was his tap in goal.
Suarez also had 4 shots, 2 on target, but, of course, he did score twice. In fact, those 2 on target were Uruguay's only 2 on target all match. Nice work, Joe Hart.

Rooney, Sterling, and Sturridge combined for 0 tackles won and 0 interceptions vs Uruguay. Danny Welbeck won 3 tackles and had 1 intercepted pass. (Suarez: 1 tackle, 0 interceptions; Cavani: 0,0)

Other areas where Rooney statistically outperformed Suarez:
Key passes (setting up a scoring chance): WR - 2; LS - 1
Passes completed: WR - 26; LS - 16
Fouls suffered: WR - 4; LS - 1
Successful take ons (dribbling past an opponent): WR - 3; LS - 1
Dispossessed or turning the ball over (pass out of bounds, etc): WR - 4; LS - 5

"Other than winning the game for him, he really didn't do much."

You're a joke. You didn't even think he could sustain the first tackle and would be out at half.

We saw what Uruguay is without him, and what they are with him. Obviously, however ordinary he may or may not be, he makes one helluva difference.

This is your response to me giving Suarez credit and saying he was "fucking impressive"?

What in the hell is wrong with you?

This is all pointless.
The free kick is whatever. I'll write that one off. Suarez may have had a miss on a FK as well...
LOL at making excuses for putting a header off the post from, as Ron White would say, POINT. BLANK. RANGE.
The shot Muslera made the save on should never have been within range of the keeper. He had everything to shoot at and picked the only place it could be stopped.

Suarez wasn't supposed to pass in this game. He was supposed to finish.
Suarez didn't want to be fouled. He wasn't trying to run past people and get kicked like you wanted him to be. All he was trying to do, and all he ever tries to do, is score and win however possible.

In that, I'd say he had a much better game than Rooney. Rooney had every chance to best him but bottled it.

And all that Cris Carter guy did was catch touchdowns, right Buddy?

Ugh, pointless.
Even trying to explain why the ratings were what they were, despite me disagreeing with the result, gets your crazy ire.
Done with this as you clearly just want to talk about your own biased opinions and ignore anything that could influence them.

This is basically a perfect fit for you:

BqkLB1wCMAImBhG.jpg

Enjoy your thread.

Back