• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

And fuck the match officials. If they couldn't over-rule match officials, Rodwell would serve a three game suspension for a tackle that wasn't even a foul.

Wouldn't be true if the FA didn't have its fingers in everyone's chili. Shouldn't be a suspension for every red card. That would solve that problem.

Still don't think a bunch of old white guys should be deciding practically every week who gets suspended and who doesn't. That's what referees are for. If they're not doing the job, get rid of them or give them better tools to do the job (an extra official, more power for the 4th official, something).

The way things are now, the winner of the league is about as likely to be decided in a boardroom as on the field.

I didn't feel the need to address the terribleness that was a fan acting out against racism on two different threads as my feelings on the matter were already stated, and everybody should know my feelings about any sort of racism. I don't care who you are, I even knocked my grandmother back a few times when she said racist shit, rest her soul.

Wouldn't be true if the FA didn't have its fingers in everyone's chili. Shouldn't be a suspension for every red card. That would solve that problem.

And who would decide which red cards get suspensions and which don't?

And who would decide which red cards get suspensions and which don't?

Essentially it would decide itself. It's pretty obvious when someone is trying to hurt someone vs. just was too aggressive or clumsy. You shouldn't get a suspension for making a mistake.

Formalize it however you want, it would come out about the same.

And now for something completely different.

Who would you say is the better player?

Player A:
18ppg, 12rpg, 2apg, 1.2 blocks, 1.2 steals, 2.4 turnovers;
15 Double-doubles; 1 game under double digits scoring (9 points), 7 under in rebounding (average of 8.1)
3 Common Opponents: 58.1% FG, 21.0ppg, 13.3rpg, 4 blocks, 1 steal, 3 assists, 7 turnovers
Team Record: 18-4; RPI 8, SOS 4

Player B:
21ppg, 11rpg, 1apg, 1.1 blocks, 0.9 steals, 1.3 turnovers
15 Double-doubles; 0 games under double digits scoring, 8 under in rebounding (average of 7.6)
3 Common Opponents: 66.0% FG, 26.7ppg, 15.0rpg, 5 blocks, 3 steals, 4 assists, 3 turnovers
Team Record: 15-8; RPI 30, SOS 5

Essentially it would decide itself. It's pretty obvious when someone is trying to hurt someone vs. just was too aggressive or clumsy. You shouldn't get a suspension for making a mistake.

Formalize it however you want, it would come out about the same.

So the decisions make the judgments themselves? Or is a human or group of humans involved in making these decisions?

I didn't feel the need to address the terribleness that was a fan acting out against racism on two different threads as my feelings on the matter were already stated, and everybody should know my feelings about any sort of racism. I don't care who you are, I even knocked my grandmother back a few times when she said racist shit, rest her soul.

But you'll still support the club and you don't consider your club racist despite the high rate of racist incidents involving club supporters. But you have no problem painting a rival club with that broad brush.

Man U = most violent supporters, DV silent.
Liverpool = a couple of idiots act out that are rightly punished, DV apoplectic, calls anyone associated with the club racist except maybe some people he plays soccer with.

hy·poc·ri·sy   [hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -sies.
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

So the decisions make the judgments themselves? Or is a human or group of humans involved in making these decisions?

I don't care, it doesn't matter. Let a robot do it for all I care. A robot would probably be better at properly determining offside.

Point is that the challenges that are truly dangerous to the game and its players are obvious, and would require very little interpretation or debate regardless of how the judgment was made. If the FA's default wasn't to suspend a player for any red card, then they wouldn't have to overturn cards like Rodwell's because there was clearly no attempt to injure, so there would have been no need for them to be involved.

Liverpool supporters killed 39 innocent Italian supporters. When have United supporters done such heinous acts?

Most violent? Nearly half the arrests in the article you quotes were alcohol related arrests and nothing to do with violence.

Meanwhile, Liverpool supporters have murdered 39 innocent Italian supporters for doing nothing more than going to a European Cup Final. Can you name one instance where United supporters murdered anyone? That is true violence, sir. And you should know since you claim to want to bash my face in on a near weekly basis. You fit in well with that lot, so well done on randomly choosing your club.

I like to drink a lot, so I guess I did well on randomly choosing my club as well. Except I don't get in trouble with the law when I drink... I just get psychically threatened by some psycho in a fly over state on an internet message board.

And now for something completely different.

Who would you say is the better player?

Player A:
18ppg, 12rpg, 2apg, 1.2 blocks, 1.2 steals, 2.4 turnovers;
15 Double-doubles; 1 game under double digits scoring (9 points), 7 under in rebounding (average of 8.1)
3 Common Opponents: 58.1% FG, 21.0ppg, 13.3rpg, 4 blocks, 1 steal, 3 assists, 7 turnovers
Team Record: 18-4; RPI 8, SOS 4

Player B:
21ppg, 11rpg, 1apg, 1.1 blocks, 0.9 steals, 1.3 turnovers
15 Double-doubles; 0 games under double digits scoring, 8 under in rebounding (average of 7.6)
3 Common Opponents: 66.0% FG, 26.7ppg, 15.0rpg, 5 blocks, 3 steals, 4 assists, 3 turnovers
Team Record: 15-8; RPI 30, SOS 5

Need usage rates and other KenPom stats.

Need usage rates and other KenPom stats.

Good luck with that. :)

I don't have a KenPom subscription.

I'll give you what I can from the team's sites and bbstate. And let's add a few more names to this just for fun, the bulk of the talent in college hoops this year seems to be in the bigs. Feel free to post this on a regular basketball thread. I'm interested to see the responses.

PPG RPG Ast Stl Blk
FG%/3%/FT%
Player A 17.6 12.0 1.7 27 27
54.2% (150-277), 33.3% (3-9), 66.9% (85-127)
Player B 20.9 11.5 1.2 20 25
53.9% (193-358), 28.7% (25-87), 75.8% (69-91)
Player C 17.4 9.1 1.0 32 35
58.1% (132-227), 42.1% (8-19), 76.2% (93-122)
Player D 13.5 10.2 1.0 34 106
65.0% (117-180), 0.0% (0-6), 69.4% (77-111)
Player E 16.8 11.3 1.1 19 17
55.6% (115-207), 50.0% (4-8), 78.7% (85-108)
Player F 17.0 8.5 1.4 13 9
58.8% (134-228), 33.3% (4-12), 81.5% (101-124)

MPG Ast TO ATO PF EFG Rb rt Blk rt Stl rt
Player A 31.0 37 53 0.7 53 54.7 24.3 3.3 2.3
Player B 37.8 27 31 0.9 26 57.4 19.2 2.3 1.3
Player C 28.4 20 35 0.6 57 60.7 20.9 2.7 3.0
Player D 30.8 22 22 1.0 46 65.0 20.1 11.2 2.8
Player E 34.2 21 46 0.5 42 56.5 20.4 2.0 1.7
Player F 30.5 31 45 0.7 37 59.1 19.6 1.3 1.3

Poss/40 PPWS
Team A 70.3 1.14
Team B 68.4 1.07
Team C 66.6 1.13
Team D 69.0 1.14
Team E 67.6 1.10
Team F 58.8 1.11

Power Six superlatives (top 10 rankings among forwards within the power six)
Player A -- #4 PPG, #1 RPG, #3 Eff
Player B -- #1 PPG, #2 RPG, #1 Eff
Player C -- #6 PPG, #7 SPG, #5 Eff
Player D -- #6 RPG, #4 SPG, #1 BPG, #3 eFG, #2 Eff
Player E -- #8 PPG, #3 RPG, #4 Eff
Player F -- #7 PPG, #7 Eff

Liverpool supporters killed 39 innocent Italian supporters. When have United supporters done such heinous acts?

Killing doesn't necessarily imply heinousness. To kill simply means to cause death. Doesn't say anything about it being intentional or even having awareness of having done it. Not to mention that you're bringing up shit that happened more than 25 years ago to deflect from Man U having the most troublesome fans today.

Most violent? Nearly half the arrests in the article you quotes were alcohol related arrests and nothing to do with violence.

Yeah, alcohol has nothing to do with violence. LOL. Obviously they must have been doing something other than just drinking. If you arrested people in England for "alcohol" you'd have to bring in the whole country. Perhaps the alcohol "relation" is what caused them to commit the acts for which they were arrested, but fact remains they were arrested. Keep making excuses for Man's fans who run afoul of the law on match day at a higher rate than any other club.

Meanwhile, Liverpool supporters have murdered 39 innocent Italian supporters for doing nothing more than going to a European Cup Final.

Well, we had about two sentences before you resort to ridiculous hyperbole. You obviously have no idea what murder means. I suggest you look it up. I'm guessing the tumbling of substandard walls are not part of the definition.

Can you name one instance where United supporters murdered anyone?

Well *this* comes up on the first page of google search.

http://soccerupdated.blogspot.com/2009/05/crazy-nigerian-manchester-united-fan.html

And who knows what the Red Army did in the 70s that there aren't records of or relations to their actions. But what we do know that crowd segregation and fencing were instituted because of their actions, and those changes were significant contributors to the Hillsborough disaster. So if I were to use your ridiculous standards, I could say the Red Army murdered the 96. After all, it was them that caused the fence that trapped the Liverpool fans to be built and it was them that caused a team with more fans to be assigned to an area of the ground too small to accomodate the supporters.

That is true violence, sir. And you should know since you claim to want to bash my face in on a near weekly basis. You fit in well with that lot, so well done on randomly choosing your club.

I like to drink a lot, so I guess I did well on randomly choosing my club as well. Except I don't get in trouble with the law when I drink... I just get psychically threatened by some psycho in a fly over state on an internet message board.

I didn't randomly choose my club. I don't think you did either. It's funny you see you claim you did though, so as to attempt to cover up being a frontrunner.

Apparently not. Apparently he doesn't stand out, to you.

Because he's in that group.

Miscommunication; we're looking on different sources (I am in the wrong here, as you clearly posted where you're looking). C or F, I'm thinking C, and they eye test clearly favors him as the best in the land. At least offensively.

Miscommunication; we're looking on different sources (I am in the wrong here, as you clearly posted where you're looking). C or F, I'm thinking C, and they eye test clearly favors him as the best in the land. At least offensively.

He's C

I think B, D and F have arguments on offense for different reasons.

B -- Has been really efficient despite being on the worst overall team, and one of the slower tempos. He's played more minutes, yes, but he's also avoided fouls so he could play more minutes.

D -- The efficiency is obvious, and he's on a team that has been really good overall on offense. You have to think if he was asked to take 5 more shots per game it would be no problem.

F -- I didn't expect this guy to be in the same class as the others, but he's really put up great numbers and done it efficiently despite playing on a team with a very slow tempo. Defensively he doesn't measure up to some, but offensively he's doing about all you can do.

Back