• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

KanhojiAngre's Playground 02-04-2012 08:11 PM You just tried to excuse murder of 39 people. You are a terrible piece of shit. I hope a bear attacks you. -dv7

What an idiot.

Last season USC had to face the A's... Alabama, Auburn & Arkansas. That is life inside the SEC

Why must the arguments constantly be about the supporters of a club? We live in America. Not Liverpool, not Manchester, effin Winston Salem. Why argue about what people do that live thousands of miles away in an attempt to "one up" another club? We don't even live on that continent, so WGAF? Both clubs have racism, every town in the world does. Why argue about it? Manchester sings about burning a lot of scousers and city fans if I remember the chant correctly. At this point I don't even remember what I'm ranting about. It just pisses me off reading soccer threads and it being covered with posts about other clubs supporters. And yes I'm at fault as well since I posted an article about a ManU racist.

Why must the arguments constantly be about the supporters of a club? We live in America. Not Liverpool, not Manchester, effin Winston Salem. Why argue about what people do that live thousands of miles away in an attempt to "one up" another club? We don't even live on that continent, so WGAF? Both clubs have racism, every town in the world does. Why argue about it? Manchester sings about burning a lot of scousers and city fans if I remember the chant correctly. At this point I don't even remember what I'm ranting about. It just pisses me off reading soccer threads and it being covered with posts about other clubs supporters. And yes I'm at fault as well since I posted an article about a ManU racist.

:golfclap:

Yup. Posrep.

It's especially dumb because we're typically arguing about being the "better fan" of clubs that make it incredibly easy to be a fan. Manchester United? Liverpool? Are you kidding me?

I'll be more impressed when we get Sheffield vs. Nottingham supporters fights on here.

If you support a club that has less support than other clubs typically do that makes you a better supporter. Fact.

Kanhoji, what are your thoughts on the craft beer and homebrewing revolutions?

Whatever people want to do. I'm not a participant, as I don't like the taste of beer. But I've got a good friend who is looking into getting a cider press which would probably result in more frequent visits from me lol.

His family has a few apple trees on their land, and more apples than they can use. They end up wasting some every year because once they hit the ground, they're not much good.

I've never until now brought up the Red Army I don't think. If I did it was maybe a post or two in the distant past. I don't remember it. And I've never brought up Man U's fan behavior -- the taunts of Leeds supporters re: Istanbul, for example, the Hillsborough chants for another -- until people started to try to make an issue of Liverpool's fans booing Evra and make it out like it's because they're all racists. Suffice it to say, it's not.

I find it all pretty silly myself. But one person, supposedly a person charged with keeping order on this board no less, insists on calling other posters murderers and racist.

On to more timely matters, what do I do with today's game? Normally I'd root for just about anyone over Man U just on principle, but Chelsea is in the key position in the table where Liverpool is concerned. I'd like to see City win the league for several reasons.

So what should I hope for? I guess what I'd most like not to see is a Chelsea win, but really any possible result would create some kind of negative effect. A draw still moves Chelsea away for 4th, and a Man U win keeps in second place but tied on points (not joint top, there is no such thing unless both teams have the same number of goals scored and allowed).

I think I'll root for a sinkhole that sucks the stadium and the supporters of both teams into a yet-undiscovered 4th dimensional vortex that transports them all to Sept. 25, 1066 at the same location.

Good luck with that. :)

I don't have a KenPom subscription.

I'll give you what I can from the team's sites and bbstate. And let's add a few more names to this just for fun, the bulk of the talent in college hoops this year seems to be in the bigs. Feel free to post this on a regular basketball thread. I'm interested to see the responses.

PPG RPG Ast Stl Blk
FG%/3%/FT%
Player A 17.6 12.0 1.7 27 27
54.2% (150-277), 33.3% (3-9), 66.9% (85-127)
Player B 20.9 11.5 1.2 20 25
53.9% (193-358), 28.7% (25-87), 75.8% (69-91)
Player C 17.4 9.1 1.0 32 35
58.1% (132-227), 42.1% (8-19), 76.2% (93-122)
Player D 13.5 10.2 1.0 34 106
65.0% (117-180), 0.0% (0-6), 69.4% (77-111)
Player E 16.8 11.3 1.1 19 17
55.6% (115-207), 50.0% (4-8), 78.7% (85-108)
Player F 17.0 8.5 1.4 13 9
58.8% (134-228), 33.3% (4-12), 81.5% (101-124)

MPG Ast TO ATO PF EFG Rb rt Blk rt Stl rt
Player A 31.0 37 53 0.7 53 54.7 24.3 3.3 2.3
Player B 37.8 27 31 0.9 26 57.4 19.2 2.3 1.3
Player C 28.4 20 35 0.6 57 60.7 20.9 2.7 3.0
Player D 30.8 22 22 1.0 46 65.0 20.1 11.2 2.8
Player E 34.2 21 46 0.5 42 56.5 20.4 2.0 1.7
Player F 30.5 31 45 0.7 37 59.1 19.6 1.3 1.3

Poss/40 PPWS
Team A 70.3 1.14
Team B 68.4 1.07
Team C 66.6 1.13
Team D 69.0 1.14
Team E 67.6 1.10
Team F 58.8 1.11

Power Six superlatives (top 10 rankings among forwards within the power six)
Player A -- #4 PPG, #1 RPG, #3 Eff
Player B -- #1 PPG, #2 RPG, #1 Eff
Player C -- #6 PPG, #7 SPG, #5 Eff
Player D -- #6 RPG, #4 SPG, #1 BPG, #3 eFG, #2 Eff
Player E -- #8 PPG, #3 RPG, #4 Eff
Player F -- #7 PPG, #7 Eff

A - Thomas Robinson
B - Kevin Jones
C - Jared Sullinger
D - Anthony Davis
E - Arnett Moultrie
F - Mike Scott

If I was ranking them I'd go Davis, Jones, Scott, Moultrie, Robinson, Sullinger. Really surpried by just how well Scott fits into this group, especially when you consider UVa's tempo.

With Snoop Dogg's endorsement, I have to think Dr. Paul is poised for a comeback. At least I hope he is.

Unfortunately he's running for the wrong party's nomination for that to help. I am really starting to think he has more support among Dems than GOP, in spite of all logic to the contrary.

PPP says Santorum is leading Minnesota. Wow.

Does speak to Paul's point that he is an attractive candidate for both conservatives like you and liberals like me.

I think it does, as well as to the broken nature of our system that he has only a very limited chance of ever getting the chance to appeal to both of us.

Ultimately, libertarianism is a concept separate from traditional conservative-liberal definition. I'm finding those old-school definitions progressively more useless at that.

We've had supposedly moderate Dems and Pubs for the last 4 presidents. But the common link is that they were all statists, regardless of whether they wore a D or R with their name.

Really, it would be more instructive if candidates had to wear their top donors' name instead. Even better if it was on their clothes like a NASCAR driver.

For neutrals this Chelsea-Man U game has been pretty good.

It looked from the starting XIs that it would be an open game and aside from about the first 20 minutes, it has been.

Evra is still terrible, De Gea is still terrible, Jonny Evans was in no man's land but he is still terrible anyway.

Bosingwa matching up Valencia has been a good move so far, somewhat making up for the fact that Miereles has been worthless, and nearly gave Welbeck a gift. Nothing going forward, and of course nothing in defense. The more I watch him the more I think Dalglish made the right call with him. Adam has 6 assists and does some tackling as well, although he does do better in a 3 man central midfield. Malouda has been terrible, Rafael has bossed him around, maybe the best player in the game so far.

Rooney looks frustrated. IMO Chelsea should try to unsettle him. He may get himself sent off if they do.

Well I guess if Chelsea was going to win, might as well see Man U get embarrassed.

Luiz called his shot there lol. Measured it up in front of De Gea, stuck his hand up to call for it, then put it in the corner. No marker.

Evra sets it up with a bad challenge as Sturridge was about to leave him by 3 yards.

Howard Webb is really a shockingly biased official. Two soft penalties -- one where the man wasn't playing the ball, the other where he invited contact.

When was the last time a team got 4 penalties in 2 matches in the PL? Anyone know?

Back