• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore at Wake

StopMakingSense

Reaction score
Undergrad Bros,

I have heard through the grapevine that Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore are playing the Spring Concert at Wake next month. I want to attend, but I am a grad student and dont know how I get tickets. Is the concert just for undergrads? How easy it to get tickets? Have tickets already gone on sale? Are they free? If anyone could help a brother out I would greatly appreciate it.

Undergrad Bros,

I have heard through the grapevine that Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore are playing the Spring Concert at Wake next month. I want to attend, but I am a grad student and dont know how I get tickets. Is the concert just for undergrads? How easy it to get tickets? Have tickets already gone on sale? Are they free? If anyone could help a brother out I would greatly appreciate it.

It's already sold out. they are going to release 2,000 more tickets if it doesn't rain.

Rain: Wait Chapel

No rain: Davis field

wait - I thought deaconslim said it was impossible to get real music talent to perform at wake?

wait - I thought deaconslim said it was impossible to get real music talent to perform at wake?

lol my first thought too. this is a great get for wake. right in the niche wheelhouse of acts we should be going for that everyone will love.

It's already sold out. they are going to release 2,000 more tickets if it doesn't rain.

Rain: Wait Chapel

No rain: Davis field

That blows. Are those 2000 tickets going on sale the day of? And if so, where do I go to be first in line?

I thought this was ironic when I first heard of it.

I'm way out of touch. I thought this was about Junior Days or something.

To the tagger who says "tens of people care" and "who?"

This is Kendrick Lamar. This single went platinum earlier this year. His debut album is spectacular, perhaps the best hip-hop effort of last year.

And the lilywhite Wake Forest crowd probably can't be more excited for these hipster rappers. Also this [song] is fucking awesome.

I'm trying to remember who played springfest when I was there. I know Big Head Todd was one year, I think my soph. Can't for the life of me remember the others.

It saddens me that until today, I've never heard of either of these two. The realization that I graduated almost a decade ago hit me like a ton of bricks.

15 year reunion coming up for me.

what day is this ish on? please say it's not march 21-24 otherwise my friend and i are toootallly coming if we can get tickets.

For the older gents, if you enjoy rap/hip hop at all I highly consider checking out Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid MAAD City album from last year. One of the best I have heard in a while. He is the next big thing in hip hop... great west coast beats and his lyrics are fantastic.

Back