• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore at Wake

Mentioned this on the music thread a couple weeks ago. Should be a really good show.

Thanks. I might be old but f it, this shit is WACK!

lmao.. good music is good music. this song is good on so many levels. good production. good chord progression. lyrics on time, delivered properly, and the whole vibe of the song is why this was a top hit on multiple charts.

D'aww old people. Times change. I'll wear your granddad's clothes. I look incredible.

anybody have an update on tix sales for tomorrow?

From the Big Head Todd era, I think the other acts in that time frame (early 90's) were Indigo Girls, Connells, and Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Saw this bro last week and it was pretty terrible. Didn't help that the sound kept screwing up, but he played "Thrift Shop" second and then everybody left. It was hilarious. His set was also only four songs long.

i'm trying to remember who all of my spring concerts were... jurassic 5, guster, ben folds, ?

I remember super-drunk WaketheUniverse and I hanging in your room before Ben Folds, I think.

Luls there were maybe 50 people at the Jurassic 5 concert at Wait Chapel. Early in the show, Akil yelled "Mother fuck George Bush" responding to a shirt in the crowd, and people booed.

Ha, I didn't think you went to this. I went with Gottbrecht; he sold me a ticket for $1.

if they do it on davis field, the tickets will be for proximity only. you'd be able to hear it all over campus.

i'm trying to remember who all of my spring concerts were... jurassic 5, guster, ben folds, ?

OAR which was the worst show ever. i remember i used to be a fan until i witnessed them play live

I don't like the Macklemore and the Ving Rhames song all that much seems like he wants to be a cross of Em & Vanilla with 1% the lyrical talent of Em.

I like this one much better.

I don't like the Macklemore and the Ving Rhames song all that much seems like he wants to be a cross of Em & Vanilla with 1% the lyrical talent of Em.

I like this one much better.

On Letterman a few weeks ago...did this and not Thrift Shop. Great song.

if they do it on davis field, the tickets will be for proximity only. you'd be able to hear it all over campus.

don't forget Jason Mraz who was there either our junior or senior year. i didn't go to any of the Springfest concerts while at Wake because none of them ever interested me, but I would love to go to this one

don't forget Jason Mraz who was there either our junior or senior year. i didn't go to any of the Springfest concerts while at Wake because none of them ever interested me, but I would love to go to this one

i didn't go to jason mraz. wasn't he the year after us?

i didn't go to jason mraz. wasn't he the year after us?

yeah just looked it up he was springfest 08. Third Eye Blind, which i did go to, was the year after we graduated but I don't know if that was associated with springfest or just a random concert

So I am guessing there aren't going to be any released to the public at this point?

Sold out at 1 on tues according to my friend who works there

I'll take pickles, ogboards

Pretty cool to actually have a relevant at the time artist on campus.

During my day we got one small hit wonders from the 90s or no names.

kendrick was ranked hottest mc in the game recently...so two.

Looking at some Facebook posts, it appears something not so good happened at the concert.

"we had sub-par concert etiquette and Macklemore just bailed halfway through."

Back