• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore at Wake

Another post:
"WOW. What is the matter with our school? Macklemore peaced out because we couldn't get ourselves together. Can we not follow simple directions? WOW. Go Deacs."

Right on cue, Wake's time to shine in March ends early.

so scanning twitter (which I'm pretty new to) to figure out what happened, i found this exchange:

K0W7xRq.png

Gentlemen... It really is this easy... just make sure you have the right security guys.

Last edited:
Yep. This is it. They wanted the barrier up front to stand alone, by itself. Not with students hanging over & on to it.

I'm confused...they put a barrier up, but then didn't want people to stand near it, and wanted the students to stand a set distance behind the barrier?

That seems odd.

Show got shut down around 11:30 due to complaints from neighbors about noise and all the language kendrick uses. He went on around 10:50.

What neighbors?

Kendrick played all of his hits and ended on his most famous song. Doubt that's the case. He killed it. He's awesome. Macklemore is not very good live. We went and got a beer after thrift shop was played 2nd.

although i could see why old people wouldn't want to hear this song:

Show got shut down around 11:30 due to complaints from neighbors about noise and all the language kendrick uses. He went on around 10:50.

Not true. He ended without an encore, but that's it.

Saw this bro last week and it was pretty terrible. Didn't help that the sound kept screwing up, but he played "Thrift Shop" second and then everybody left. It was hilarious. His set was also only four songs long.

Kendrick played all of his hits and ended on his most famous song. Doubt that's the case. He killed it. He's awesome. Macklemore is not very good live. We went and got a beer after thrift shop was played 2nd.

Wow, sounds like he certainly has an m.o.

His tweets about the Wake problems sound exactly like what happened at SXSW (except for the crowd stuff). Dude sucks live.

Also.... Campus PD was apparently telling kids how they should walk home.....

Back